American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
1,418 Interview Reviews

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied back in May 2017. In June I received my Video Interview invited. Then I was invited to my Face to Face at the end of August and fly out to Dallas for the interview this week, Friday Sep 8!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your best customer service experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

In 1979 I was flown to DFW for a group interview. 2weeks later I was flown in for an individual interview. 10 days later I was offered a place in a training class. I was employed at the end of training. Training was 4and a half weeks long.

Interview Questions

• In the group interview they had us pair off and interview your partner. You then presented your partner to the group.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Richmond, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and simple! I applied one week and within days I received an email to reply back for the interview. I had a panel interview with only 6 questions. Questions pertaining to customer service.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in early summer, and again in late summer. I got a call on a Tuesday in September from the AA Recruiters asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and they scheduled me for an interview the next day, Wednesday.

The interview was with about 8 other candidates, not all necessarily in competition with one another. There were 2 interviewers, who mostly asked basic interview questions and asked for descriptions of our career histories, as well as what we liked and disliked most in a work environment.

They said they would let us know within a day whether they wanted to hire us or not. I got an offer letter via email the next day, Thursday.

I accepted and they started the background check process, and set up a finger print & drug test appointment for me for Friday.

I am currently waiting for all results from the checks and tests to come back so I can receive my employee ID, department and start date.

Very pleased with how quick the whole process was, and how nice and welcoming everyone was along the way.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your career history?   1 Answer
    • How much experience do you have working with Microsoft Word? Excel? Access? Outlook?   Answer Question
    • What do you like and dislike most in a working environment?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for American Airlines back in June 2017, I was asked to take the assessment the same day. Once I completed the assessment I pretty much had forgotten all about the application up until September 7th 2017 I was asked to take the VI. I ended up taking the VI on September 8th, 2017 because I wanted to make sure I did all the research. I looked on glassdoor and was able to ind 19 questions. I wrote each question on a note card and answered the question. The interview literally asked 6 of the 19 questions. So I was prepared. I feel like I did pretty good on the VI. Now just playing the waiting game and praying for the best. If you have a similar timeline comment under one of the questions please.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later was asked to fill out a questionnaire and about a month after that was invited for the video interview. If you look through Glassdoor you'll be able to find the questions that may be asked. The thing is you only get asked 6 questions but don't know which ones so make sure your prep for each question. Also, unlike other video interviews you aren't given the opportunity to practice what you may sound or look like on video so definitely practice!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question
    • How has your experience prepared you for this job?   Answer Question
    • If willing to relocate, what excites you most about moving to a new city?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your best customer service experience?   Answer Question
    • Would you be able to adhere to a policy about visible tattoos, this includes tattoos that may visible if your clothes shifts while performing your duties?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Phila, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in July 11 and was asked for a video interview in September 13. I was given 5 days to respond. They asked six questions. The question was repeated twice then you had one minute to formulate an answer.

My questions:
    1 Why do you want to work for American Airlines?
    2 Describe a situation when you had to deal with an upset customer.
    3 Describe a recent travel experience
    4 What excites you about moving to a new city?
    5 Describe your best customer service experience.
    6 Do you have a problem adhering to the piercing, hair and tattoo policy?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you received outstanding customer service.   Answer Question
    • What excites you about moving to a new city?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a recent travel experience.   Answer Question
    • Do you have a problem with following the company hair, tattoo and piercing policy?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked me introduce myself. Then, the interview become technical questions focused. The interviewer used a pen to write down what I said. It was a bit weird.

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

Went great i believe. Did the video interview, these practice questions on here helped me tremendously!!! Practice, study, and you will be prepared! When i did a video interview with United there was an option to practice sample questions as many times as you'd like, which really helped me. There was not an option to practice/ review questions before hand for this American interview though, So once you start, that is it. These are the exact interview questions i was asked. I have only done the video interview so far, i just finished it. Took 2 months to receive the invitation email from when i applied and took my assessment.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to adhere to the policy of no visible tattoos, upper ear piercings, crazy hair color and styles?   2 Answers
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a upset customer.   1 Answer
    • Describe a great customer service experience that was memorable to you.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to be an American Airlines flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • How do you think your previous work experience has prepared you to be a successful flight attendant?   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

Interview

Submitted my application in may, and received a video interview invite in June. Completed and revived a F2F invite in August. My interview is scheduled for the 20th of September.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to be an American Airlines flight attendant   Answer Question