American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017
1,159 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I recently did my f2f interview on 1/23. The moment I received the email, I began to prep. I studied this site and questions EVERYDAY! Make sure that you look the part, if you can afford to get your face done, do it. Nothing too extreme, just enough to make it look like you put in some effort. Be yourself, be cautious of your conversation with the other candidates. Overall, the interview process wasn't hard, most of the questions are on this site, smile and act like you want it! I accepted my job offer 2 days ago. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   13 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Here is my timeline:
    Application/Assessment: 10/13/16
    Application updated: 11/07/16
    Video Interview Invite: 11/10/16
    F2F Invite: 12/08/16
    TBNT: 12/21/16

My best advice for passing the Video Interview is to give yourself scenarios for each question, but do not actually practice what you will say. By doing this I feel like you stay more genuine with your responses. Every question for the Video Interview I was able to find on Glassdoor.

F2F. This is a long day. I was flown out very early in the morning and did not return home until midnight. (The flight is provided by AA) I wore my interview clothing on the plane and I brought a carry on with a change of clothes for after the interview. They let you store your baggage in a room while you are in the group interview, so it is perfectly fine to bring luggage. I was advised against wearing bright colors so I stuck to black. A few candidates who got to the next step were in bright colored blazers, tops, suits, etc... I really think AA looks past what you are wearing. When you sit down you'll fill out a paper, they'll ask for your passport expiration date and ask if you brought any letters of recommendation. (very few people did, I didn't even think to bring any)

The group exercises are really fun. They do a good job making you feel welcomed, the facility is very nice too. I chose to sit with the girls I arrived on the bus with and I probably shouldn't have. Recruiters want to see how you interact with everyone, so don't cling to the first person who chats with you. (I personally think a few candidates are planted there to say outlandish things so the recruiters can see how you react. That is the only way to justify the things one person at my table was saying.)

After the ice breaker we are assigned to groups of 8-10 for a smaller group interview. Everyone in the room answers the same question except for the last question which is randomly selected from a card. I feel like the more information you give in your answers the better. I noticed the people who were selected were some of the candidates that had the most to say when answering. I'm not saying to ramble on and on...the star method is probably best if you can remember to touch on each step when answering.

I can't really say what the recruiters are looking for. One girl in my group said she didn't know why she wanted to be a flight attendant and she made it to the next round. I know you aren't supposed to say things like, "I want to travel or I love the benefits" but I was very surprised by her answer. (haha, maybe the recruiters were too) Talking about SAFETY does not guarantee you to the next round either.

After that group interview we were brought back to the main room to watch a presentation about the company and an overview of flight attendant duties. You can also ask any questions after the presentation. It took about 20-30 minutes. After this is when the recruiters are coming back to call people for one on ones. Of my group of 35-40 I believe about 8 were selected to the next step. They tell everyone that they are going to verify information with you, and call you out one at a time regardless. I was chosen near the end of the pack. The room was cold because there were maybe 10 people left. They tell you no one hears right away and this is true. Even those who make it to the finger printing and one on one interview don't know same day. I noticed that the people who were selected took a R, and those were not took a L once they exited the door. This could be just a coincidence but it panned out pretty accurately. When I was called (went L) I was walked to the front of the facility by a recruiter and given a slip with my flight and gate number info on it. There were quite a few people waiting for the next shuttle back to the airport.

I will be reapplying (your timer starts from the day you submitted your first application) come April. This was a very good experience. I learned a lot from watching my successful peers. The key really is being able to interview well. Practice makes perfect. Best of luck to you!

Interview Questions

• Group Activity: What is something about yourself someone wouldn't know just by looking at you?   2 Answers

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied to AA in November 2016.
    About a week after I sent in my application, I was invited for a video interview. Now it's February 2017 and I just received my f2f interview invitation! I have no no FA experience.. so if anyone could give me some advice, I would strongly appreciate it! :) thank you

Interview Questions

• Tell us about one time where you had to take the initiative and how it worked out.   18 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online January 4th and I thought I was given a TBNT on January 6th. Almost exactly a month after I applied, I received a video interview invite... and completed it that same day! I can't wait to see where this goes next! I haven't received a face-to-face invite yet, but I hope to soon. American Airlines is my dream airline. Here are the first five questions I was asked... There was a sixth, which was: "Flight attendants should always present a professional image. You may not have visible tattoos, facial, multiple, upper ear piercings, or extreme hair color or style... this includes tattoos that may seemingly be covered by clothes but may show when you're clothing shifts while performing flight attendant duties. Will you be able to adhere to this policy if selected?"

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about one of your favorite customer service experiences?   Answer Question
    • How did you adapt to a difficult situation?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about your best team interactions?   Answer Question
    • What do you think would be the most rewarding part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • We have several flight attendant crew bases throughout the United States. What excites you the most about relocating to a new city immediately following training?   Answer Question

FA Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Applied online, received video interview invitation. I had reviewed questions on this page, but when it is actually happening, it's a different experience. I jotted a few notes, but mostly just spoke from my heart. I think it went well - I did stumble with my words during one answer. Waiting on a response now. :)

Interview Questions

• Best or memorable customer service experience?
      Tell us about a time you had to adapt to a difficult situation.
      What do I like about working with a team?
      What excites you about moving to a new base right after training?
      Do you have tattoos or piercings?
      Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied for a flight attendant on December 27, 2016. I received the assessment on December 28, 2016. Then on January 23, 2017 I got my VI invite which I completed on the 27th so I could prepare myself. I am currently still waiting on an invite to the f2f. I will mark yes, and I accepted (wishful thinking and staying positive) Good luck to you all!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you experienced excellent customer service   Answer Question
    • What excites you about relocating to a different state after training?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Waiting so far ...

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

I applied in November 2016 after waiting for a couple weeks I received an email to do the online assessment in January 2017. One week later I received an invitation to do the video interview and now it has been 2 weeks and I am waiting for my f2f invite.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in November
    VI invite in December
    F2F Invite in Feb

The process took a long time compared to other airlines. I guess if you want it bad enough you are willing to wait. Video interview can feel kind of awkward but you just have to relax, smile, and be confident. Pretend there is an actual person on the other end. Don't forget to look at the camera and not yourself on the screen.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate to any base location in the US?   6 Answers

Web Developer, Digital Communication Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from the HR team reached out to me 2 weeks after I had applied for the position. I was suppose to travel down to the AA headquarters in Dallas, but ended up with a phone interview due to the snow storm in the east coast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Which color would you use for a Delete button?
      Couple of situational Questions.
      Answer Question

FLIGHT ATTENDANT TRAINEE Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

I just did my video interview and although I feel like I did really well with most of the questions I did stumble on my answer for one question and I don't feel too great about it. I really hope that they don't fault me for the one but I did feel that I did fully answer the question

Interview Questions

• what was a difficult situation that you had to adjust to?   1 Answer