American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,160 Interview Reviews

2.8

Bilingual Spanish Speaking Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Park City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Was asked 4 questions relating to work experience I have had. Nothing with what I expected when I looked on Glassdoor. I was expecting harder questions about why I wanted to be flight attendant, or customer questions and got none of those questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the best time you have had as a team member?   2 Answers

Had different airline offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant. You play a game with people at your table and it helps break the ice. Then you go into groups and are all asked the same two questions. After that you select a question and answer it on the spot. Then you go back and get all these American Airlines information... like salary and bases. Then they choose you or not.

Interview Questions

• How important is a flight attendant uniform?   3 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Did the video interview a week ago, now waiting to hear back to see if i can move to the next step of being a flight attendant....f2f interview will hopefully be next.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about relocating for this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Completed video interview 11/23 and I am still waiting for F2F... has anyone completed the video interview around the same timeline as me and heard anything? Im getting anxious because I really want to know if I made it to the next step. Thank you.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose American Airlines?   9 Answers

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

Application took no longer than an hour, one month later received email for online interview, was given five days to complete interview. Now I'm waiting for the next step

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied 12/14/16
    Questionnaire sent 12/15/16
    Video Interview 1/17/16

I feel like I did very well on my VI. Waiting to hear back...I hear its a long process.

I recommend that everyone look on Glassdoor, all of the video interview questions were found on here. There were 6 questions total.
    No offer yet - so that is why I selected NO. But I feel confident.

Anyone have any tips for F2F and Group Interviews? I am out of touch. Been at my job for over 10 years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult to adapt to.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I haven't received my offer yet.
    I applied online in November, I cannot remember the exact date. I received my invitation for the video interview on 12/2/16. You are given 5 days to complete it. This was the first time I had done a prerecorded video interview. The hardest part is to not watch yourself but to look into the camera. Be polished but be yourself.
    I received today the invitation for a f2f. I need to send in y passport expiration date and give them my date of birth, closest airport and emergency contact information. Then they will send me the next step.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were the ones I found on Glassdoor. Can you adhere to company policy? Describe your best customer service experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and over a month later I received an email with an invitation for a video interview to be completed within 5 days. The email contains a link to access the instructions for setting up the audio and video on your computer or mobile devices. Plenty of opportunity is given to test the audio and video settings and instructions/questions are clear and easy to comprehend. All of the questions in my interview I found on Glassdoor so I was well prepared since I wrote them down and studied a couple of days before I did my interview. I watched a ton of videos on youtube as well about how you should dress and the types of questions that are asked. After the interviewer asks a question you have one minute to think about your answer and three minutes to deliver your response. I was nervous about it being timed with no retakes but if you practice your answers before hand you should have plenty of time to respond. I kept my "cheat sheet" beside me just out of view of the camera and reviewed my answer to the question just before answering. I picked a quiet place with a plain background and good lighting. I spoke clearly and sat up straight in my chair. I also made sure to look straight at the camera instead of at myself on the screen. I also tried to smile as much as possible even while talking. It has been three days at this point since I completed the video interview and I have not received a response yet so hopefully I will get a F2F offer soon! Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What excites you most about moving to a new city after training?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the most rewarding part of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to adapt to a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Are you able to adhere to the strict tattoo/piercing/hair policy?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to work as a team effort.   Answer Question
    • How many years of customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied in December and within a week I received an invitation for the video interview and I was given 5 days to complete the interview. I did my research on Glassdoor and found all the questions to be exact. I heard back with an invitation to interview face to face in Dallas, TX within 2 weeks. They called to schedule my interview and emailed my itinerary about 5 days before my interview. I wrote down every question I found here and on other sites and youtube videos and came up with 2 questions of my own for the one on one. I did my research on AA (logistics and values and future plans) which I highly recommend you do as well.

There were about 20-25 other candidates in the room and we were split up into 3 groups at 3 different tables. As soon as you walk in, you're greeted by the recruiters who are so sincere and welcoming. They made the interview seem so laid back like they just want you to be yourself. So smile and be happy the moment you walk through the lobby doors until you walk out of them. Be courteous and personable to everyone. Pay attention to names and do your best to speak to people using their names. Know that there are 6-8 recruiters in the room and they are observing you and how you interact the entire time so smile, laugh, be interested in others and be friendly!

We started by playing ice breaker games to get to know each other and get more comfortable. There were presentations on AA and the job description (expectations, pay, schedule, home bases, benefits, and such.) We were taken into a smaller room in groups of 5 to answer interview questions with 2 of the recruiters. We were all asked the same question and each of us gave our individual answers when it was our time. The last question was a surprise question on a card we picked individually. They give 30 seconds to think about your answer but you should know these questions ahead of time and be prepared so don't take long.

After the group interview, they call you out one by one and if you're chosen to move further in the interview, they take you into a room where you'll fill out some paperwork and take a reach/timed test performing 2 flight attendant tasks. Then comes the one on one where you'll be asked a few more questions about your resume and how it's helped prepare you to be a flight attendant and why you specifically chose AA. You have the opportunity to ask the recruiter questions...this is a DEFINITE. ASK! Make the question personable and be sincere about why you want to know. Then, if you're chosen, you'll get fingerprinted for the background check and wait to find out when training starts!

Interview Questions

• What is your proudest moment?

Why did you apply at AA?

What was your best customer service experience?

What can I bring to the company?

How has your past job experience prepared you to be a flight attendant for AA?
      7 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Video interview was mostly situational questions. You have 2-3 min to answer about 6 questions and record each answer. It's an awesome, easy process. I'm fortunate my dad does a lot of hiring in his office so he prepped me. Most importantly look at these questions and prep, prep, prep. Prep til you're confident!

I passed this video portion. I am still waiting for my in-person interview at the end of the month

Interview Questions

• Recommend looking up STAR method and formulating situational answers accordingly   2 Answers