American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 21, 2017
1,380 Interview Reviews

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Trainee Flight Attendant Position 6/10/17, I received a one way video invitation on 6/19/17 and did my v/i on 6/20. I expected the questions for the interview thank you, thank you Glassdoor! I was very nervous and should have practiced more. Still hoping, my application is still in process so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Thank you to everyone who described their experience! Good to luck to those lucky enough to get a f2f interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received excellent costumer service.
      Are you will to comply with the no tattoo, no facial piercings and extreme hairstyles
      Are you will to re-locate
      Tell us about how you handled a difficult situation   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position in mid January. After about 2 weeks I got an email from the assigned HR analyst saying that they were interested in interviewing me for the position and that they needed some information from me, mainly my current salary (odd request) and the salary range that I was expecting to receive for the position. After sending all this information, they sent me a confirmation that my phone interview would be in 2 days.

The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted mostly of questions related to Revenue Management (RM) and Ancillary Pricing (AP) topics. We also discussed about my interests and background and how it could be applied to the position. At the end of the interview I had the opportunity to also ask questions to the interviewer.

However, this was actually a two part interview, with the second part consisting of an assignment. They sent me an Excel workbook which I had to complete some quantitative questions and at the end give a recommendation based on my results. I was given 40 minutes to complete and resend the file back to the interviewer (it is very important to send the file back before the 40 minutes mark, if not you disqualify yourself. Send it even if its not complete).

About a week and a half later I was contacted again by the HR analyst saying that the team would like to interview me in-person. I would be going to Dallas, interviewing and returning the same day. My interview was scheduled for the following week (10 days later). I was supposed to interview with one analyst and the manager of the group.

When I arrived in Dallas, I was fortunate to have a friend who works nearby, which took me to their headquarters. However, if you want to, you can take a bus that goes from the airport and stops next to the headquarters; or, you could also take an Uber or Lyft and American will reimburse you for the expenses later, you just have to send the receipt and fill out a form.

When I arrived at headquarters I registered with security and waited for a bit until the HR analyst came and greeted me. He than proceeded to take me to where the interviews would be taking place. There, the first analyst was waiting for me. She was friendly, and the questions were a mix of RM and AP questions, and also organizational fit and behavioral questions. This interview lasted about 50 minutes with the last few minutes reserved for any questions I had about the position, team and/or company.

After the first interview I had to wait a bit for the manager to come, since my first interview ended a bit earlier than predicted. The manager had a bit harder questions, with many of them being very open ended critical thinking questions. These questions are mostly to see how the person processes information and how they can break down complex questions to than reach the best possible solution. The final answer doesn't need to be 100% correct, because they mostly just want to hear your thought process. At the end, he gave me some time to ask him questions about the position or any other questions I had for him.

After the second interview, I met the HR analyst for a brief moment and he escorted me out. He was very helpful and cheerful. I asked him how long it would take until a decision would be made, and he said it would probably take 1 week maybe 2. After a week and a half I got a response from the analyst saying that I was not selected for the position.

Overall it was a quick and easy process, it didn't linger on for months and responses were pretty quick. I appreciate that. Also the HR analyst was always very helpful and was willing to keep in touch with me even after the interview process ended.

Interview Questions

• On the day of departure, should you sell all your remaining seats in a flight for $20. Why or why not?   Answer Question
    • How many American Airline aircraft are currently flying right now?   Answer Question
    • Your friend has a restaurant downtown, his business is currently doing bad. However, the business next door seems to be doing ok. How would you help your friend to figure out a way to bounce back?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time you took a leadership role.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Went on the website and applied 3 days after job was posted on American Airlines website. Submitted my application. The next day I was sent an Assessment test which took about 20 minutes. Waiting on my VI

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   3 Answers

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied as a flight attendant on May 17, 2017 and I took the online assessment within an hour. It's officially been one week today since and I was wondering if anyone who has applied on or after May 15th has received the VI invite yet?

Interview Questions

• Online assessment asked a few common sense questions like "There are 24 hours in a day, agree or disagree?"   10 Answers

Premium Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

100% customer service experience questions
    If you have to make stories up don't take this job.
    Best service skills required every day.
    Your experiences must be of excellent customer service.
    Your interviewed by two managers and a shop steward
    Over 20 long answer customer service questions

Interview Questions

• Don't recall, there were so many   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, Lima Region (Peru)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Lima, Lima Region (Peru)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, airport code test, and final interview...
    It seems like a lot of people did not study hard enough for the airport code test, can't blame them it's kind of difficult and if you are currently working must be worse.

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview and then a case study sent through email. The phone interview had a lot of behavioral questions rather than your standard interview. I think they wanted to know more about how to respond/react to tough questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

It started off with recruiters coming to my university. My process was expedited but the average time for the entire process is 6-8 weeks. There is an Excel based case study that you have 45 mins to complete, and then a phone interview if you were successful and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview started off with "What do you think is the biggest challenge for airlines in general" and then "What do you think is the biggest problem for American" followed by situational pricing questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Applied in November, completed my video interview in December and was invited to a f2f in Dallas on Feb. 28th. Accepted offer the next day on 3/1.

F2F- The interview layout is exactly how it is on previous posts. The recruiters are very friendly and some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to interview with. (Group activity, Group interview and then a one on one interview if you make it) is the flow of things. Just relax and be yourself. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Timeline- Applied 10/20 - Video 11/26 - F2F 2/9
    PLEASE READ! Dress as a flight attendant. I can't stress this enough, head to toe. Pull your hair back, red lips, minimum jewelry, button up top or dress, JACKET (it's business), pants or pencil skirt, tights or stockings, WEAR THEM, nice dress shoes. Look the part you are applying for!

Face to face breakdown: There are 4 tables set up in the room, 8 people at each table. You start with a writing assignment. Then you move into the group activity. You all have 5 minutes to come up with 3 things you have in common and then one thing others get to guess about you. Then it's presented in front of the other groups so they're able to guess "who's who". Smile, interact with your table, and talk to everyone. They are watching you at all times. Then they break you into other groups and go into another room to interview with 2 recruiters. They ask, tell me about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant. This goes in order of how you are sitting. Do NOT say you love to travel. Figure out another way to state it. Then they ask, in any order, "a time where you handled a difficult customer service situation". Have this planned out and ready for the day. Explain the situation and how you solved it. The next part is the random card questions. They give you a card, you lay it face down until you stand up and answer it. I will post those questions below. After this is finished you head back into the room and watch a presentation, continue to smile, ask questions and enjoy your time. They will slowly start to pull people out for a one-on-one. There are 4 recruiters that have been in the room all day and then there are random ones that start pulling people. The ones that you have seen before are pulling people to take them to the shuttle, the ones that you haven't seen all day are pulling for a one-on-one. If you make it to the one-on-one you pretty much have it. They ask the basic, tell me about yourself, why do you think you're a good fit for a flight attendant, what does customer service mean to you, what are some challenges you think you'll face, how do you start a conversation with someone, what does the uniform mean to you, do you have any tattoos. When they ask you if you have tattoos, BE HONEST! I have 7....two of which are on the top of my foot. Although I was wearing black tights, I still covered them up to show that they would never be a problem. If you don't come with them covered and they ask to see them, you will not get the job. Be smart and respectful. They want to hire you but they want to make sure they can trust you to keep them covered at all times while in uniform. I was then offered CJO on the spot. Signed papers, got my fingerprints take, fitted for jump seat and reach test. Just waiting for my 'official' letter to put in my 2 weeks at current job and training starts in 3 weeks! Good luck to everyone. They told us they had 330,000 applications so to make it to the F2F is a huge step. If you don't make it the first time, get back up and try again!

Interview Questions

• Who would you pick to sit next to on a plane for 12 hours?   10 Answers
    • They last time you received an act of kindness or gave it?   Answer Question
    • What was your last social media post?   Answer Question