American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,380 Interview Reviews

2.8

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL).

Interview

I applied online for a summer internship. After a few months I received an email to ask if I was still interested. When I answered back yes, the told me the interview was in 3 days.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Hi! Just recently got called for a f2f interview in Dallas!! (Yay!) I was hoping I would be able to get some tips, or a general description of what to expect! It would be greatly appreciated!!

Also general timeline so far (1+ month)

Applied: 5/22
    Invited to do online assessment: 5/22
    Invited to vi: 6/7
    Completed vi: 6/8
    Invited to f2f: 6/15
    F2F scheduled: 7/10

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lauderdale Lakes, FL

Interview

Hey everyone, just wanted to share my timeline.

May 15- applied
    May 16- completed assessment
    May 22- video invite
    May 24- completed video interview
    June 12- received a phone call to schedule my f2f for June 20!

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. I wish the best of luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for American Airlines?   7 Answers
    • Tell a time when you received excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

it was a very long process and still have not heard anything back. i am beginning to lose hope because it has been almost a month since i sent in my video interview. It was berber wrecking but the glass door app really helped me.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Group interview with a 3 person panel. There was a prepared interview packet with preset questions that was asked of all applicants. Very cordial. Interviewers made everyone feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied and took my assessment for the job in June 2017. I had my video interview in July 2017. Now I am waiting for my invitation to the Face to Face interview. Just be patient with the process and study.
    The questions i was asked were:
    1. Most memorable customer service experience.
    2. What excites you about moving to a new city.
    3. Are you able to adhere to policies about tattoos, piercings, and hair?
    4. Why do you want to be a flight attendant with American Airlines?
    5. Talk about a time where you had to deal with a upset customer.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to adhere to policies about tattoos, piercings, and hair?   1 Answer

Customer Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2017.

Interview

Very basic questions and then you're slammed with a customer complaint scenario. My jaw dropped at first but when you think of it, American only wants the best for its customers and if you can't think quickly, this specific position probably wouldn't be a fit!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Timeline- Applied 10/20 - Video 11/26 - F2F 2/9
    PLEASE READ! Dress as a flight attendant. I can't stress this enough, head to toe. Pull your hair back, red lips, minimum jewelry, button up top or dress, JACKET (it's business), pants or pencil skirt, tights or stockings, WEAR THEM, nice dress shoes. Look the part you are applying for!

Face to face breakdown: There are 4 tables set up in the room, 8 people at each table. You start with a writing assignment. Then you move into the group activity. You all have 5 minutes to come up with 3 things you have in common and then one thing others get to guess about you. Then it's presented in front of the other groups so they're able to guess "who's who". Smile, interact with your table, and talk to everyone. They are watching you at all times. Then they break you into other groups and go into another room to interview with 2 recruiters. They ask, tell me about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant. This goes in order of how you are sitting. Do NOT say you love to travel. Figure out another way to state it. Then they ask, in any order, "a time where you handled a difficult customer service situation". Have this planned out and ready for the day. Explain the situation and how you solved it. The next part is the random card questions. They give you a card, you lay it face down until you stand up and answer it. I will post those questions below. After this is finished you head back into the room and watch a presentation, continue to smile, ask questions and enjoy your time. They will slowly start to pull people out for a one-on-one. There are 4 recruiters that have been in the room all day and then there are random ones that start pulling people. The ones that you have seen before are pulling people to take them to the shuttle, the ones that you haven't seen all day are pulling for a one-on-one. If you make it to the one-on-one you pretty much have it. They ask the basic, tell me about yourself, why do you think you're a good fit for a flight attendant, what does customer service mean to you, what are some challenges you think you'll face, how do you start a conversation with someone, what does the uniform mean to you, do you have any tattoos. When they ask you if you have tattoos, BE HONEST! I have 7....two of which are on the top of my foot. Although I was wearing black tights, I still covered them up to show that they would never be a problem. If you don't come with them covered and they ask to see them, you will not get the job. Be smart and respectful. They want to hire you but they want to make sure they can trust you to keep them covered at all times while in uniform. I was then offered CJO on the spot. Signed papers, got my fingerprints take, fitted for jump seat and reach test. Just waiting for my 'official' letter to put in my 2 weeks at current job and training starts in 3 weeks! Good luck to everyone. They told us they had 330,000 applications so to make it to the F2F is a huge step. If you don't make it the first time, get back up and try again!

Interview Questions

• Who would you pick to sit next to on a plane for 12 hours?   10 Answers
    • They last time you received an act of kindness or gave it?   Answer Question
    • What was your last social media post?   Answer Question

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied as a flight attendant on May 17, 2017 and I took the online assessment within an hour. It's officially been one week today since and I was wondering if anyone who has applied on or after May 15th has received the VI invite yet?

Interview Questions

• Online assessment asked a few common sense questions like "There are 24 hours in a day, agree or disagree?"   10 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and did my video interview on 'May 24th. Got a call for the F2F on June 21st and it was scheduled for July 17th. It was a fun experience. I prepared well and I feel that I answered my questions well but when the recruiters came back I was the first one that was called out of the room and taken down that long hallway to the exit. They did say that I would be hearing from them within 3 weeks but I don't think I will because I have read on here that if you're successful then you get fingerprinted right there and then the CJO. I'm still hopeful... Great experience though.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant.   1 Answer