American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,205 Interview Reviews

2.8

Financial Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview - 30 mins with questions range from behavioral to airlines related technical questions. Prepare for accounting concepts
    Read recent news about American Airlines
    Why American Airlines
    How to record a purchase of a new airplane on the three financial statements

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

First off I am not sure I would have done as well as I did on the interview if it were not for Glassdoor. It was a great resource for studying and knowing what to expect. I hope I am able to help a few others along the way!

I submitted my application August 14th and received an invitation to do the video interview on August 31st. I had 5 days to complete the interview and I did mine on September 4th. Use those days to prepare! In my video interview I was asked these questions: 1) What excites you most about moving to a new city after training? 2)Talk about a time you had to adapt to a difficult situation. 3) Talk about a time you had to work as a team effort. 4) What was your best customer service experience? 5) Are you able to adhere to the policy of no tattoos, piercings, or extreme hairstyles? You have 1 minute between questions and 3 minutes to respond to each question. For the video interview, be sure to dress just as you would for a face to face interview. Also remember to look at the camera and not yourself (as you will be able to see yourself on the screen during the interview).

On September 27th I received an invitation to schedule my face to face interview, which was on October 7th in Dallas. I arrived about an hour early and sat with others interviewing for the position. I do not think there were any "hidden recruiters" watching us, but it was nice to get to know everyone because you will be spending lots of time with them that day! We were taken into a room with tables set up and 8 chairs were at each table. We had a worksheet to do and a very short writing assignment (nothing scary or intimidating - just common sense). After everyone arrived, we watched a video about American Airlines and then went into the group activity. Each table had to write down 3 things that everyone at the table had in common and then 1 unique thing about each individual. One spokesperson for the group presented it to the room, but everyone did stand up front and say there name. The rest of the room had to guess which characteristic belonged to which person. During the group activity, recruiters were writing notes on their clipboards. We were then split up into different groups for a group interview. All of us were asked the same two questions: 1) Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant. 2) Tell us about a time you had to deal with a challenging customer. Then we each chose a card and were not able to look at it until we were ready to stand up and read the question. Everyone had a different question. I was asked to tell them about my most recent travel experience. After the group interview, we watched a presentation about the job (what they do, hours, pay, benefits, etc.) and then asked any questions if we had them. Then everyone was called out of the room one by one. We were told that they were calling us out to confirm our contact information and that we would find out within two weeks if they wanted us or not. Now I can only speak on my particular experience and I did not talk with anyone else to know what happens if they did not get a job offer. I was called into the room and answered some questions one on one with a recruiter (none of these questions were confirming my contact information by the way). I was then taken to do a reach test, sit in the jump seat, fill out paperwork for a background check, and I was fingerprinted. I received my CJO 5 days later on October 12th!

Interview Questions

• What excites you most about moving to a new city after training?   3 Answers
    • Talk about a time you had to adapt to a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you had to work as a team effort.   Answer Question
    • What was your best customer service experience?   2 Answers
    • Are you able to adhere to the policy of no tattoos, piercings, or extreme hairstyles?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time you had to deal with a challenging customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your most recent travel experience.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Went to their booth at a career fair, had a phone screen interview two weeks after. A week after that, had a final round, on-campus interview with a manager. Got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between accrued and deferred expenses?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your past internship experiences, and what's the most important thing you learned?   Answer Question
    • Why is budgeting important?   Answer Question
    • How does a company return capital to its shareholders?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I was approached by one of the vendors for American Airlines for this position. The interview was a 4 step process - first by a consultant at the vendor, then by three managers at AA over the phone. This was followed by 3 batches of 2 project managers each (a total of 6) - While the first two focused on Agile skills, the last interview by three PM's was all about "situational questions", "behavioural" questions. I used the STAR technique, and while this part of the interview process lasted about 60-90 minutes, there were probably a 3 sets of 15-20 questions each.

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online, about a week later got a call from the recruiter. She ran a phone screening based on a set of questions relevant to the job. I was asked to submit a sample of my work via email.

A week later after the phone screening, the recruiter contacted me saying the hiring manager would like an in-person interview.
    The recruiter made the travel arrangements for me and was flown from my location to DFW.
    At the HQ I met the hiring manager and 6 other people that consisted of a mix of supervisors and co-workers.
    The panel interview lasted about 1 hr.

1 week later I got a call from the hiring manager's boss offering me the job.
    From there I took a drug test and a background check was done.

The whole process from the moment I applied to my start date was less than 2 months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiations as job salaries come with pay ranges.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

You have to fill out a long work history when applying for the position. You will then be prompted to complete a questionnaire with behavioral questions and personality type questions where you must rank where you fit ex:strongly agree disagree ect. If you pass the section you will be invited to a video interview that you complete within 5 days. Questions are not hard many have listed similar examples on this website or indeed forum. Helpful to check these out beforehand! About a week after VI was complete I was invited to a face to face to be conducted in Dallas, TX. Had two weeks to prepare for interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2016.

Interview

i did the video interview 2 weeks ago and was easy but i was so nervous about !they ask you 6 questions you can find all of them here on glassdoor on other people interviews too! now i have to go to Dallas for F2F one! someone had any ideea about the questions they ask? thank you very much

Interview Questions

• tell me about....Your best customer service,
      excites u about relocation
      adapt in a hard situation
      most rewarding part of being a flight attendant
      work in a team effort
      tatoos and piercing policy
      1 Answer

Negotiation

still in progress

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Irving, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied July 7 th, did video interview on July 25th, I did good because I just Received an invitation for Face to face interview next week, very happy and positive. Doing a lot of practicing and research

Interview Questions

• Do you agree with the no tattoos/ piercings policy   1 Answer

Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

This was a group interview. Everyone was asked the same question and answered according to what they felt or thought. There was about 5 questions that were asked all were fairy easy to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

After filling out the online application I was asked to log in and do a "skype" style interview. While it was weird talking to my computer screen I was told by a friend that works for them to stay bubbly and happy the entire experience. Make sure you dress professionally and keep your hair pulled back.