American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017
1,421 Interview Reviews

2.8

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

So fun, a great interview experience. I got offered the position but turned it down because of the lack of living flexibility and low pay. The entire day they make fun for everyone and you meet a lot of different people. They purposely put you on your feet all day and fly you out that morning so that you are exhausted, but its important to keep smiling and push through.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online days later i recicieved an email to complete my online assessment. I completed e online assessment. i think it was the next day i got an email to complete my VI. I completed it on the fifth day ( which i don't suggest) but i got it done. One week later i got a call about coming to a face 2 face.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant   2 Answers

Leadership Development Interview

Application

Interview

I had to do 2 phone screenings. The first one was more about myself and my technical experience and the second one was a behavioral interview. I also had to answer 5 essay type questions via email. I am still waiting to hear back from the hiring authority.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have to collaborate with different stakeholders to design a learning program   Answer Question

Fleet Service Clerk Interview

Application

Interview

Applied in July
    Interview F2F August
    A group of 30+ in a room, interviews done in tables with 4 per table. Interviewed by manager & crew chief.
    Upon arrival a code of conduct policy is given.
    I was told to wait 30 days for a decision.
    Going to remain positive and say I got the job, I thought I did fairly good in the interview, plus I have experience relating to the position.

Application

Interview

The interview process is exactly how all the other reviews described it. It was about 3 months long. It took me about 3 weeks to receive an invitation to do the video interview and then about 2 months to get invited to the face to face interview. Interview questions are very straight forward and fairly easy. Some candidates were walked out after the group interviews, while some were moved on to a one on one and a reach test. They asked those who went to the one on one not to tell the rest of us. However, based on those selected to move on to the one-on-one interview process, it was very clear that American Airlines was looking for a specific type of female. They are looking for girls who are young, on the shorter side, and thin, even though some people interviewed better than some of these girls and would have made amazing flight attendants. While this company wants people to believe they are diverse and open to a variety of different employees, they did not extend opportunities to the females who didn't fit the "image" they are looking for. Many of the recruiters were also very condescending while trying to seem friendly. Some were genuinely nice though.

Interview Questions

• If you could eat lunch with anyone, who would you choose and why?   1 Answer

Senior Market Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied for the role at the beginning of July online. I did not have any contacts at American Airlines so the resume just went into a black hole. The first week of August I was contacted by American that I made it to the first round of interviews and was put through to a 45 min phone interview with the hiring manager. This went fantastically and they asked basic questions to get to know me and what I will bring to the company. 3 days later I was confirmed to fly to DFW to interview in person. I was interviewed for about an hour with the hiring manager and met their team around the office. About 10 days later I was asked to jump on a quick call with the hiring manager and the senior directors were also on the line. We spoke for 30 minutes and the next day I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• how do you plan to achieve your goals in this new role?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Applied online and received a video interview about a week later (6/7), to which you had five days to complete (6/10). I was "in progress" for about two months and my date had changed twice before I finally got the email for a f2f (8/23). They flew me out to Dallas the morning before and I highly recommend you to request this.

Walked into a room where about 40 of us were sitting at tables and waiting while socializing. There was about 6-7 of us placed at each table. We did a group activity first where they observe you and how you interact with people. Recruiters are walking around and really observing you while taking notes. After the group activity, they called us out in different groups where we were placed in a different room and had a group interview with two of the recruiters.

First we all answered the same two questions. Then we were each given a different card with a question on it that we were not able to look at until it was our turn to read and answer the question. After the group interview, we watched a video about the company and was able to ask questions. During the question time, we were each called out one by one. This is where you find out if you get the job or not. If they take you to another room to ask more questions, do a reach test and a jump seat test, you got it. But if they walk you out towards the exit and pretend to ask you other questions, you didn't get it. You won't know if you got it or not till about a week later. They did it a little differently than I had read on here. It seemed like the ones that weren't going to get a CJO were all called out first as the recruiters returned back rather quickly. However, as it started narrowing down to about 15 people in the room...they were taking longer. I was the last 5 in the room and was taken into a small room for one on one with a recruiter then did jump seat & reach test, plus photo with my passport. The others who were the very few in the room towards the end received the same. I am expected to know for sure within a week!

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer
    • The flight attendant training is very demanding for 6 1/2 weeks, do you feel like you have a good support group that will cheer you on during it?   1 Answer
    • What qualities do you feel is important for an American Airlines flight attendant to have?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

I do have a couple questions for people who have received a contingent job offer.
    1. Did you select your base that day? Or do they choose for you?
    2. If you didn't choose your base that day, do they wait until after training to tell you?
    3. What was training like? I don't want to know details, just a little summary to calm my nerves.

Interview Questions

• 4. Did they pay for living expenses/hotel?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied in May when applications opened, after applying i was immediately prompted for an assessment. A month later i was invited to do a video interview, 2 months later i was invited for a f2f interview. I was flown to dallas for the interview and 5 days after the interview i emailed by recruitment that i did not get the job. It was a fun and postive experience but very different also, we were all personally only asked 3 questions at the f2f. You really have to stand out.

Interview Questions

• Questions from f2f interview:

1. Tell us about a bit about yourself and why do you want to be a flight attendant?

2. Name a time you had an upset customer and how you handled it?

3. (Random question) What was your last act of kindness   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

Interview

Applied online. Received a video interview invitation about a month later. After I completed my video interview it took anout another month to hear from them regarding my face to face. Went to my face to face. It was very nice and structured. Did a group activity, group interview then went over what to expect as a American Airlines flight attendant.

Interview Questions

• If you could sit next to anyone on a plane, who would it be and why?   Answer Question