American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017
1,496 Interview Reviews

2.8

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I applied as a flight attendant on May 17, 2017 and I took the online assessment within an hour. It's officially been one week today since and I was wondering if anyone who has applied on or after May 15th has received the VI invite yet?

Interview Questions

• Online assessment asked a few common sense questions like "There are 24 hours in a day, agree or disagree?"   10 Answers

Premium Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

100% customer service experience questions
    If you have to make stories up don't take this job.
    Best service skills required every day.
    Your experiences must be of excellent customer service.
    Your interviewed by two managers and a shop steward
    Over 20 long answer customer service questions

Interview Questions

• Don't recall, there were so many   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Reservation Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lima, Lima Region (Peru)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Lima, Lima Region (Peru)) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, airport code test, and final interview...
    It seems like a lot of people did not study hard enough for the airport code test, can't blame them it's kind of difficult and if you are currently working must be worse.

Revenue Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview and then a case study sent through email. The phone interview had a lot of behavioral questions rather than your standard interview. I think they wanted to know more about how to respond/react to tough questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

It started off with recruiters coming to my university. My process was expedited but the average time for the entire process is 6-8 weeks. There is an Excel based case study that you have 45 mins to complete, and then a phone interview if you were successful and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview started off with "What do you think is the biggest challenge for airlines in general" and then "What do you think is the biggest problem for American" followed by situational pricing questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Interview

Applied in November, completed my video interview in December and was invited to a f2f in Dallas on Feb. 28th. Accepted offer the next day on 3/1.

F2F- The interview layout is exactly how it is on previous posts. The recruiters are very friendly and some of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to interview with. (Group activity, Group interview and then a one on one interview if you make it) is the flow of things. Just relax and be yourself. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Timeline- Applied 10/20 - Video 11/26 - F2F 2/9
    PLEASE READ! Dress as a flight attendant. I can't stress this enough, head to toe. Pull your hair back, red lips, minimum jewelry, button up top or dress, JACKET (it's business), pants or pencil skirt, tights or stockings, WEAR THEM, nice dress shoes. Look the part you are applying for!

Face to face breakdown: There are 4 tables set up in the room, 8 people at each table. You start with a writing assignment. Then you move into the group activity. You all have 5 minutes to come up with 3 things you have in common and then one thing others get to guess about you. Then it's presented in front of the other groups so they're able to guess "who's who". Smile, interact with your table, and talk to everyone. They are watching you at all times. Then they break you into other groups and go into another room to interview with 2 recruiters. They ask, tell me about yourself and why you want to be a flight attendant. This goes in order of how you are sitting. Do NOT say you love to travel. Figure out another way to state it. Then they ask, in any order, "a time where you handled a difficult customer service situation". Have this planned out and ready for the day. Explain the situation and how you solved it. The next part is the random card questions. They give you a card, you lay it face down until you stand up and answer it. I will post those questions below. After this is finished you head back into the room and watch a presentation, continue to smile, ask questions and enjoy your time. They will slowly start to pull people out for a one-on-one. There are 4 recruiters that have been in the room all day and then there are random ones that start pulling people. The ones that you have seen before are pulling people to take them to the shuttle, the ones that you haven't seen all day are pulling for a one-on-one. If you make it to the one-on-one you pretty much have it. They ask the basic, tell me about yourself, why do you think you're a good fit for a flight attendant, what does customer service mean to you, what are some challenges you think you'll face, how do you start a conversation with someone, what does the uniform mean to you, do you have any tattoos. When they ask you if you have tattoos, BE HONEST! I have 7....two of which are on the top of my foot. Although I was wearing black tights, I still covered them up to show that they would never be a problem. If you don't come with them covered and they ask to see them, you will not get the job. Be smart and respectful. They want to hire you but they want to make sure they can trust you to keep them covered at all times while in uniform. I was then offered CJO on the spot. Signed papers, got my fingerprints take, fitted for jump seat and reach test. Just waiting for my 'official' letter to put in my 2 weeks at current job and training starts in 3 weeks! Good luck to everyone. They told us they had 330,000 applications so to make it to the F2F is a huge step. If you don't make it the first time, get back up and try again!

Interview Questions

• Who would you pick to sit next to on a plane for 12 hours?   10 Answers
    • They last time you received an act of kindness or gave it?   Answer Question
    • What was your last social media post?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Got my F2F invite on Friday! I applied back in November and submitted my video interview on December 2nd. Thank you to everyone on here for all of the useful information. It's nice knowing what to expect.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked for my video interview are all here from other posters.   21 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted the application at the beginning of January. A week later I received a invitation to do the video interview. They give you 5 days to complete the interview. I found the video interview extremely awkward, and felt that I basically bombed it. However, I still haven't heard anything back yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Interview Questions

• I apologize I don't exactly remember the question's they asked in the video interview. But, I think one of the questions was something along the lines of: What excites you about relocating to a new city after training?   1 Answer

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

My f2f interview experience was much like the ones described in detail on this site. Group activity, group panel interview, company video q&a and one and one. Very nerve racking but remind yourself to breathe and relax, they truly want to get to know you. If you make it to the f2f then you're obviously qualified for the position, now show them you have the personality for it as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your most recent travel experience.   6 Answers

Negotiation

no negotiation. plenty of people want this job, you take it as is.