American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017
1,206 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant. You play a game with people at your table and it helps break the ice. Then you go into groups and are all asked the same two questions. After that you select a question and answer it on the spot. Then you go back and get all these American Airlines information... like salary and bases. Then they choose you or not.

Interview Questions

• How important is a flight attendant uniform?   3 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Did the video interview a week ago, now waiting to hear back to see if i can move to the next step of being a flight attendant....f2f interview will hopefully be next.

Interview Questions

• What excites you about relocating for this job?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

First you will apply online, then you will complete a 20 minute test online, followed by a recorded video interview asking a few pre-recorded questions. Last but not least, you may get invited to a face-to-face interview at their training facility in Dallas. This is all group-interview style and lasts about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you want to become a flight attendant? Why American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Explain a challenging situation at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied Jan. 25th - online assessment completed next day - Feb. 3 invited to do video interview - Feb. 5th completed and submitted video interview, I am unaccustomed to one-way video interviewing so I really can't be sure how it went. Please be mindful of the time limitation on each question. I recommend practicing your responses and keeping answers within 2 minutes. This was my greatest challenge :) AA is amazing and I will try again in the future if this time isn't successful. Fingers crossed...
    Waiting . . .

Interview Questions

• What do you believe you will value most as a flight attendant?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Friendly, easy and comfortable questions. I felt I did really well but then they walk you out and ask what your contacts are and trek you they'll let you know the outcome by email. I would rather know then and there. If you go straight to fingerprinting, you're basically in.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most rewarding part of being a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied in December 2016 and received an offer to do a video interview a couple of weeks later. After completing the video interview, I was offered a face to face about a month later.

I went to Dallas for the face to face where we had to complete a group activity, group interview, and were brought out one by one and told we would know the results within two weeks.

I had been through this process a little over two years ago and everything was exactly the same until the very end when everyone was brought out one by one. Last time, there were only 4 of us selected to do a one on one and then went through fingerprinting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the last place you visited.   5 Answers

Application

Interview

Applied online, got an invite to do VI and then an e-mail for a F2F.
    Flew to Dallas, took the interview (friendly environment)
    Was escorted to a hallway and told where the exit was and information for the flight back home.
    Didn't get finger printed or a 1:1 interview (that's how you know if you pass to the next stage from group interview)

Interview Questions

• Tell us an experience when the customer was in a challenging situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Here is my timeline:
    Application/Assessment: 10/13/16
    Application updated: 11/07/16
    Video Interview Invite: 11/10/16
    F2F Invite: 12/08/16
    TBNT: 12/21/16

My best advice for passing the Video Interview is to give yourself scenarios for each question, but do not actually practice what you will say. By doing this I feel like you stay more genuine with your responses. Every question for the Video Interview I was able to find on Glassdoor.

F2F. This is a long day. I was flown out very early in the morning and did not return home until midnight. (The flight is provided by AA) I wore my interview clothing on the plane and I brought a carry on with a change of clothes for after the interview. They let you store your baggage in a room while you are in the group interview, so it is perfectly fine to bring luggage. I was advised against wearing bright colors so I stuck to black. A few candidates who got to the next step were in bright colored blazers, tops, suits, etc... I really think AA looks past what you are wearing. When you sit down you'll fill out a paper, they'll ask for your passport expiration date and ask if you brought any letters of recommendation. (very few people did, I didn't even think to bring any)

The group exercises are really fun. They do a good job making you feel welcomed, the facility is very nice too. I chose to sit with the girls I arrived on the bus with and I probably shouldn't have. Recruiters want to see how you interact with everyone, so don't cling to the first person who chats with you. (I personally think a few candidates are planted there to say outlandish things so the recruiters can see how you react. That is the only way to justify the things one person at my table was saying.)

After the ice breaker we are assigned to groups of 8-10 for a smaller group interview. Everyone in the room answers the same question except for the last question which is randomly selected from a card. I feel like the more information you give in your answers the better. I noticed the people who were selected were some of the candidates that had the most to say when answering. I'm not saying to ramble on and on...the star method is probably best if you can remember to touch on each step when answering.

I can't really say what the recruiters are looking for. One girl in my group said she didn't know why she wanted to be a flight attendant and she made it to the next round. I know you aren't supposed to say things like, "I want to travel or I love the benefits" but I was very surprised by her answer. (haha, maybe the recruiters were too) Talking about SAFETY does not guarantee you to the next round either.

After that group interview we were brought back to the main room to watch a presentation about the company and an overview of flight attendant duties. You can also ask any questions after the presentation. It took about 20-30 minutes. After this is when the recruiters are coming back to call people for one on ones. Of my group of 35-40 I believe about 8 were selected to the next step. They tell everyone that they are going to verify information with you, and call you out one at a time regardless. I was chosen near the end of the pack. The room was cold because there were maybe 10 people left. They tell you no one hears right away and this is true. Even those who make it to the finger printing and one on one interview don't know same day. I noticed that the people who were selected took a R, and those were not took a L once they exited the door. This could be just a coincidence but it panned out pretty accurately. When I was called (went L) I was walked to the front of the facility by a recruiter and given a slip with my flight and gate number info on it. There were quite a few people waiting for the next shuttle back to the airport.

I will be reapplying (your timer starts from the day you submitted your first application) come April. This was a very good experience. I learned a lot from watching my successful peers. The key really is being able to interview well. Practice makes perfect. Best of luck to you!

Interview Questions

• Group Activity: What is something about yourself someone wouldn't know just by looking at you?   2 Answers

American Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

Application took no longer than an hour, one month later received email for online interview, was given five days to complete interview. Now I'm waiting for the next step

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I haven't received my offer yet.
    I applied online in November, I cannot remember the exact date. I received my invitation for the video interview on 12/2/16. You are given 5 days to complete it. This was the first time I had done a prerecorded video interview. The hardest part is to not watch yourself but to look into the camera. Be polished but be yourself.
    I received today the invitation for a f2f. I need to send in y passport expiration date and give them my date of birth, closest airport and emergency contact information. Then they will send me the next step.

Interview Questions

• The questions they asked were the ones I found on Glassdoor. Can you adhere to company policy? Describe your best customer service experience.   Answer Question