American Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,492 Interview Reviews

2.8

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and a couple weeks later got an email inviting me to a group interview.

The interview process included 2 managers and 2 potential hires. The environment was very comfortable. We went back and forth answering situational questions.

They said they were looking to bring someone on ASAP. Heard from them over a week after the interview saying that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to work with a difficult coworker, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you were working in an unsafe environment, what actions did you take?   Answer Question
    • Give us an example of a time you went above and beyond.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I applied back in May 2017. In June I received my Video Interview invited. Then I was invited to my Face to Face at the end of August and fly out to Dallas for the interview this week, Friday Sep 8!

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your best customer service experience.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process has been really fast, i have a face to face on 10/19!! i'm so excited but really nervous!! I know that they are very keen on people who are relatable and friendly. Do you have any tips for someone who has their first face to face?

Interview Questions

• What made you want to be a flight attendant? Name a situation at work that you are proud of? What are you most excited about if you had to relocate to a new city? and there were a few others   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

In 1979 I was flown to DFW for a group interview. 2weeks later I was flown in for an individual interview. 10 days later I was offered a place in a training class. I was employed at the end of training. Training was 4and a half weeks long.

Interview Questions

• In the group interview they had us pair off and interview your partner. You then presented your partner to the group.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked me introduce myself. Then, the interview become technical questions focused. The interviewer used a pen to write down what I said. It was a bit weird.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

This was a recorded video interview with a total of six questions. I have to wait to receive an email to see if I get a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific time where you had to deal with an upset guest   1 Answer
    • why do you want to work for American Airlines?   Answer Question
    • What exites you about moving to a new city?   Answer Question
    • Describe a specific time where you encountered memorable customer service.   Answer Question
    • Can you adhere to our strict policy on piercings and tattoos?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on July 27th, I was emailed the personality test almost immediately after that. I received my invitation to take the video interview on September 15 and took it on the 19th. I just received my F2F invite and have scheduled that for October 24th.

As far as the process goes it has been exactly as described by others. Take the time to research questions that are potential for your face to face and practice them. The process has been slow with lots of waiting, but good things come to those that wait is my theory.

I am excited to head to the F2F and meet others that are applying. If anyone else will be there on the 24th contact me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you want to be a FA.   1 Answer
    • Why are you excited to move to a new city.   Answer Question
    • Can you adhere to the no piercings and tatoo policy?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer/situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Tuscaloosa, AL) in September 2017.

Interview

Emailed Excel case study with thirty minutes to complete and send back. They then followed up by email and asked to schedule a thirty minute phone interview. The phone interview contained some math related questions, and questions requiring industry knowledge.

Interview Questions

• If you have a plane at the airport in your hometown, how would you decide what route to offer to maximize revenue?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Richmond, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was fast and simple! I applied one week and within days I received an email to reply back for the interview. I had a panel interview with only 6 questions. Questions pertaining to customer service.

Clerical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online in early summer, and again in late summer. I got a call on a Tuesday in September from the AA Recruiters asking if I was still interested in the position. I said yes and they scheduled me for an interview the next day, Wednesday.

The interview was with about 8 other candidates, not all necessarily in competition with one another. There were 2 interviewers, who mostly asked basic interview questions and asked for descriptions of our career histories, as well as what we liked and disliked most in a work environment.

They said they would let us know within a day whether they wanted to hire us or not. I got an offer letter via email the next day, Thursday.

I accepted and they started the background check process, and set up a finger print & drug test appointment for me for Friday.

I am currently waiting for all results from the checks and tests to come back so I can receive my employee ID, department and start date.

Very pleased with how quick the whole process was, and how nice and welcoming everyone was along the way.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about your career history?   1 Answer
    • How much experience do you have working with Microsoft Word? Excel? Access? Outlook?   Answer Question
    • What do you like and dislike most in a working environment?   Answer Question