American Airlines Reservation Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Reservation Representative Interview Questions

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

You had to conduct a phone interview that consists of 4 questions such as: Describe a time where you sold a product to a customer that they were not going to buy before? A couple days later they sent me a invitation with a date to take the test and interview, if I passed the test.

After you have to study the city codes, and then they schedule you to come in to take the test. The test was easy if you studied. A handful of people were disqualified for failing the test and were sent home. If you pass you go on to the interview. Interview was very easy, 2 interviewers. I had a group interview with 2 other applicant. They asked four questions, if you passed that you move on to fingerprints, the same day. After you sign paperwork, you are released to go home and they contact you for a drug screening. This process was shorter for me since they are trying to get me prepared and processed for the January 11th class. It was between 1-3 week process. Very quick!

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you think you will face in this position?
    Are you flexible?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online a few days later I revived an email to do phone interview. After phone interview I was told to study city codes. Which kinda freaked me out cause I want sure if I was going to get a call saying come in tomorrow and test or what. Two weeks later I revived an email with a date and time for my city code test. Which was 2 weeks out.. So I buckled down and studied. If you pass test you move to face to face interview. I passed and moved on to FTF group interview with two other ladies. After interview they told us to watch email for either a offer or regret letter, we should get it within 48 hours. I revived my email that night. It seems after that it was just waiting game.. It took about a month and half before my start date.. Just be patient!

Reservation Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in May 2015.

Interview

Sent app phone interview then City code test and panel interview with manager. You need to pass city code test 74% or above then group interview after that finger printing and drug test

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Miami, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to a phone interview within a week. The phone interview was fast but thorough. The interview consisted of a phone interview, domestic code exam, and face to face interview if you passed the exam.

Interview Questions

• What process have you performed to troubleshoot your computer?   Answer Question

Reservation Representative Interview

Interview

Define quality customer service? What does customer service mean to you?

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received an email the next day stating I progressed to the next step. I was directed to go online and make sure my profile was up to date. I received a call from a 3rd party referred to as Talent Services about a week later to schedule a phone interview, which consisted of a panel of 2 interviewers and 5 others to be interviewed. We were asked 5 questions in an alternating order for each question. Afterwards we were free to ask any questions. That was on a Friday and I received a call the following Tuesday, along with an email offering me a position. The total process was about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, tell us what you think service excellence is in the airline industry, and how can you bring that to the company? ( yes...they cheated..that was actually 3 questions!)   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had a difficult or unhappy customer and how you remedied the situation.   Answer Question
    • After reading the job overview that was sent via email prior to the interview, what do you like and dislike about the position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nothing to negotiate. It's here's what we're offering...do you accept?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received an email next day to complete Assessment completed that successfully then two days later received a phone call about the phone interview in september interview went well three weeks later received a rejection email

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about a situation when you had to deal with a irate customer and how you resolved it.   2 Answers

Reservation Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines in July 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with a group of 5 AA employees, very straight forward nothing difficult about the interview. Hiring process is a little long and if they hire more people then the class will hold then it is very possible you will get bumped to the next class and that could be a month away from when you were hired. I have heard that now after the interview process they bring you into headquarters on a Saturday and you have to take the city and state code test you must pass this test or you don't move forward.

Negotiation

No negotions