American Airlines Reservations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Reservations Agent Interview Questions

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.0

Reservations Agent Interview

Interview

Easy. Just study . Use flashcards to study. If you get a good score you advance to the next level which is ab interview. A panel. After the panel group interview, they will call you to complete a background. Then a drug test. Afterwards you get a start date and time for training and further instructions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly quick. I completed on online application, was called and did an online interview. They wanted to hear my professional speaking voice. I received and email for an interview date and city codes that I needed to learn. Took the city code assessment, then had a one on one interview, in which I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. They asked questions like "How do you handle an irate customer?" etc... Most importantly they want to know if you will be able to comply with their strict attendance policy during the 120 day probationary period.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

i fill up the application and then i got an interview call on phone and they ask me like 6 question.
    abt how to deal with the irritate customer ,about yourself , timings and all

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Must take typing test and airport codes test. This is followed by a group interview. The questions are presented publicly and the responses are evaluated based on sincerity, politeness and content.
    Emphasis is on efficiency and politeness.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be an asset to American Airlines?
      In one descriptive word , what is your greatest attribute strength?
      How many sick days per year do you think is fair?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      Answer Question

Reservation Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Cary, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

You have to take a test knowing 50 airline city codes and if you pass you go on to a panel interview. If you do well with that they will offer a position immediately. Take a drug test and background test and start work.

Interview Questions

• There were normal questions regarding customers. Like how would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

First round: quick interview with HR in the US. Very easy.
    Second round: in-house interview with managers, quite easy as questions were related to my previous experiences in Customer Service. Lots of examples to provide to support your answers.
    Third round: language test

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a stressful situation, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Airlines (Liverpool, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

It was Very easy. I got 2 over the phone interview. The first 1 They went through My cv the 2 one i had a test and a role play

Reservations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online and did not hear from the company immediately.
    Presentation by company reps which breaks up into smaller groups (~5) with two interviewers each group.
    Extremely easy interview. I get the feeling that everyone who made it to the interview was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation available. The pay rate was announced to the entire group in the interview presentation.