American Airlines Revenue Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Revenue Analyst Interview Questions

3.3

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

Had a phone interview. It lasted for thirty minutes. The interviewer sounded really friendly. We plunged into discussing a lot on revenue management. They said they will contact me in a week. However, I did not get any call back.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
    Why do you want to work for American   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

HR screening; a phone interview with team member and a test need to be done within 30 minutes; flying to Texas for a on site interview include a lunch with managers then interviewed with 3 managers.

Interview Questions

• half behavior and half technical questions. Like tell me your most weakness.. How do you understand about revenue management   1 Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

Interview

Pretty straightforward questions. A case need to be done in 30 mins. I prepared for it by reading some papers about dynamic pricing. After one month, some lady called me to have another interview, but I missed it. I called back, but she told me it was a mistake. If I just got rejection, I would not feel that frustrated....

Revenue Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied through campus job system. I got a phone interview. First some brief self-introduction. Then there were some behavioral and technical questions. Finally I got the chance to ask some questions. Then I received an email with some questions to answer. There were some numerical questions and stats questions. Need to reply it within 30 mins. After one or two weeks, I got the phone call said I got in the second round on site interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

2 rounds. 1st round phone interview with seinor analyst, primarily behavior questions with a follow up case review to be finished 30 minutes after the interview. The 2nd round is at HQ, 4 rounds of primarily hehavior questions with different managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I thought the interview went well, but there were a few tricky questions during the process that would take someone who has not worked in the industry by surprise. They say that previous knowledge of the airline industry doesn't matter, but a lot of the questions they ask are very industry specific and difficult to answer well if you don't have a good bit of knowledge on the subject. Other than that it went well, just make sure you put a lot of thought into how you go about answering the technical questions. The purpose more than anything else is to see how well you can solve problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about analyzing the affects of the government shutdown on airline revenues?   Answer Question

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines in October 2013.

Interview

I had an interview on campus after applying through our center for career opportunities. A couple weeks later I had an in person interview and an exercise on excel to see if I knew some of the basics of revenue management for a particular route and how to right a memo to an executive. Then a couple weeks later I was invited to head quarters for an interview for final rounds. It consisted of 3 45-minute one on one interviews. Then we went out to lunch and the host took us back to DFW.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

First interview was phone interview. Basic questions at first then there was some analytical questions that tested how you think on your feet. Some of the questions were based on the airline industry.

Second interview is in Dallas they fly you out first class and of course they put you in a decent hotel. You are assigned a company host who calls you when you land to answer any questions, and the host also takes you to HQ in the morning. There was four back to back interviews were you are asked a mix of behavioral and analytical questions. Some of these questions are a little challenging and some are not bad. My best advice is to learn about the airline industry. Know what problems are facing the industry and how airlines make money. Remember differentiation!!! Know ways AA can surpass its competitors. Basically, do your homework and you should be fine.

After two weeks I got the dear john letter. I was not surprised because I had not prepared well enough for the analytical questions. As a plus the hosts that you meet a quite friendly and they really make you want to work for the company. The make the experience laid back and enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• What other industries can benefit from revenue management.   Answer Question
    • If you have a flight flying from New York on New Years Eve that is completely book are you happy.   1 Answer

Revenue Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2011.

Interview

The first round consisted of a one on one interview and a short written test. The interview was mostly behavioral questions and questions regarding the airline industry. There was also a short case study type problem in the first interview. The written test consisted of some simple algebra problems involving the airline industry and a market sizing problem.

The final round was at the Dallas office and consisted of four 30 minute interviews with management. They were mostly behavior questions and questions about the airline industry. One interview was a market sizing / case study but wasn't that difficult.

Everyone I met was very friendly, hard working, and motivated.