American Airlines Revenue Management Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

First round was a basic screening round. General questions on what are your strengths? Why this role? Some case type questions on when you want to launch a new route or what will be the price of concert tickets 50 days and 5 days before the concert day. Second round was from the team member with whom you will work. Mostly to know about your strengths and your skills that will help your team.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

First interview was an Excel case study sent by email with a time frame of 45 mins to send back completed. Didn't do too well, but got called a week later for a 2nd interview via phone for 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Why American?   Answer Question
    • You are in a garage sale, you're selling your TV for 100 and your neighbor is selling the exact same TV for 50, what should you do?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The onsite interview consisted of three 45-min one on one interviews. Different from other Glassdoor reviews, it had one case interview. There were not many behavioral questions, but airline industry ones. Overall, I had a great interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Excel test first then comes with the phone interview for 30 mins.
    Excel test focused on how you know the industry and the position, not very difficult, but you must be careful and fully understand the test. 10 questions for phone interview, several behavior questions, 2 scenario questions and how you understand the position.
    I did not make it to the on site since there are some visa issues.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took six weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in February 2017. 1st step was a case study, next a phone screen, then in person. The in-person consisted of 3 45min one on one interviews. They asked a few brain teasers, alot of airline/revenue management related questions. They also asked a few questions to see your thought process. If your preparing for an interview with them know why you want to work with American and about revenue management. I would also look at other interviews from different airlines, because the questions are very similar.

Also, don't get discouraged if you don't get hired by an Airline for Revenue Management. Keep trying it's very competitive and took me 6 months to get an offer. Good Luck

Interview Questions

• Sell me your pen.

Tell me a time you did something for someone and you didn't expect anything in return.

Why American?

If you were CEO of American how would you improve American Airlines day 1?   20 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Airlines (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

positive interview. 3 back to back interviews. Each 30-40 min. One Director and two managers. many small cases question and behavior questions. People are very friendly and kind. A pricing case I remember. And review your econ before this interview. There are demand and supply analysis in this interview. Just be relaxed and well prepared. Check the AA website carefully and know the reason why you choose revenue management and american airline

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I visited American at my University's career fair and dropped my resume then applied online. I was contacted a few weeks later to schedule an initial 20-30 minute phone screen. I was asked basic questions (What I knew about American, what surprised me the most about American, how they differ from competitors, what I know about the airline industry, and challenges it faces along with specific challenges American faces, and some ticket pricing questions). This phone screen was immediately followed up by having to compete a price fare case question via an excel doc. I had 45 minutes to complete it and had to email it back.

Then I was moved on to the final rounds on campus, but had a scheduling conflict so was flown out to their HQ a few weeks later. There were 3 45 minute interviews with Senior Analysts/Directors. They were very nice and welcoming. This was a mix of behavioral questions, questions about my resume, and more questions about general airline pricing questions. If you have knowledge on the airline industry and how and why tickets are priced the way they are you should be fine.

This site helped a lot in preparing. Also I looked at the same interview questions on glassdoor for other airlines as all of them ask pretty similar questions for the RM position.

I heard back the next day and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Why are flights overbooked?
      What factors would you consider when entering a new route structure?
      etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview was conducted by an employee who is working in this department. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. About half of questions are related to technical questions, while the other half are about your own experience. I think it is necessary to prepare elevator speech, knowledge about statistic and understanding about the whole Airline industry. Because when you make a decision, like open a new route, it requires a lot to consider.

Interview Questions

• What is adjusted R square?   1 Answer
    • How will you open a new airline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was pretty straightforward, going over your resume and why American, only lasted about 30 minutes. Out of state people they flew out the night before and put in a hotel. In person was 3 one on ones and a case. The case is fairly easy, RM related followed by a memo to the manager describing your assumptions. One on ones are a mix of behavioral, a few brain teasers, and aviation questions OR questions that don't seem to relate to RM but actually do. The people were pretty hard to read and kind of tough but very nice and answered all my questions. They flew everyone out after the interview. I had one of the best HR experiences I've ever had in terms of speed, communication, friendliness and how comfortable she made me feel.

Interview Questions

• Non-aviation question that actually pertains to RM: If you had a gym, what would you consider before buying a more expensive piece of land for it?   Answer Question
    • Aviation: How would X impact the fares of X route -- there are a lot of these questions so if you don't have aviation knowledge of pricing and competition it can be difficult.   Answer Question
    • Behavioral: Tell us about a time you worked with someone who took all the credit?
      What do you enjoy doing the most?   Answer Question

Revenue Management Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in November 2015.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. The first round was a 30-min phone interview with a manager, asked some questions about the resume and a few scenario questions. The second was on site: one 30-min interview with the VP and another one with a senior manager. The VP asked about your experience and a brain teaser, the senior manager asked more case scenario questions and one simple excel question.

Interview Questions

• If you have 9 identical golf balls, but one of them is heavier. You only one balance, how many times you need to weigh it to find out the heavier ball.   1 Answer