American Airlines Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (London, England (UK)) in June 2009.

Interview

Round 1: (45 Mins)

There was a 1-on-1 competency and skills based interview. It was with the hiring manager. Most of the questions were from the CV and the interviewer wanted to get an indepth look at what I had done and to what level. It was interspersed with questions and interest linked to the Airline Industry.

Round 2: (Full day assessment center)

Total 6 interviews with all senior managers of the team. One interview was a written case study.

Interview Questions

• How many softdrink cans does an Airline sell in a year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tough negotiation but i manager to increase the joining bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through university. First round was a 30 min interview with the team manager about things on the resume and resume HR questions. Pretty easy questions. Final round was a full day process at their HQ in Dallas. Four interviews with questions similar to first round. Some statitical technical questions as well about regression, also a SAS test with 4 questions. I answered three correctly. They take you out for lunch with some other analysts. Had to wait about 5 weeks to get a reply on their decision. If you don't a reply in the first 2 weeks, it's not going to be a positive one anyway. Overall the process was easy, not sure why exactly I couldn't get through.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based HR questions. What are the assumptions of linear regression. What SAS functions and procedures do you use frequently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online to a handful of positions... about a month later, a phone interview was set up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Met in lobby with other candidates. We were taken to a conference room where we were paired off with existing employees and taken to managers for one-on-one interviews. The questions were pre-written. Each min-interview lasted for about 40-45 minutes. The Managers were friendly and on a tight schedule. After the interview, I followed up with thank you emails.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come work for a company in chapter 11?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2009.

Interview

pretty standard process with one-on-one interviews, case studies, and behavioral questions. was thrown off my number of brainteasers...who uses those anymore?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard from an interview scheduler within two weeks. I had my first phone interview with a member of the team where we discussed my applicable experiences and how they relate to the role. The following week I met with the manager and another member of the team to discuss some technical and behavioral questions. The week after that I received the offer. Very relaxed and quick interview process and the recruiter was available throughout to answer questions.

Low salary