American Airlines Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Senior Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2017

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (London, England (UK)) in June 2009.

Interview

Round 1: (45 Mins)

There was a 1-on-1 competency and skills based interview. It was with the hiring manager. Most of the questions were from the CV and the interviewer wanted to get an indepth look at what I had done and to what level. It was interspersed with questions and interest linked to the Airline Industry.

Round 2: (Full day assessment center)

Total 6 interviews with all senior managers of the team. One interview was a written case study.

Interview Questions

• How many softdrink cans does an Airline sell in a year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Tough negotiation but i manager to increase the joining bonus.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online around mid April 2017 and heard from hiring manager directly almost after a month around mid May 2017. I had my first phone interview with the hiring manager, where we discussed my experiences and how they relate to the role and some additional technical questios, manager told he would want me to come onsite for additional interview. A few days later, they invited me for an onsite interview for a couple of hours. Had 1 hour of one on one with the manager and another 1 hour included interview with other members of the team to discuss some technical and behavioral questions and 45mins of simulation test which includes testing SQL skills, analyzing a case, calculations in excel & providing recommendations in word document. I was told that I would hear back from them within 2 weeks with a decision. The week after that I received the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why AA, SQL joins, Query Optimization, etc...   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online through university. First round was a 30 min interview with the team manager about things on the resume and resume HR questions. Pretty easy questions. Final round was a full day process at their HQ in Dallas. Four interviews with questions similar to first round. Some statitical technical questions as well about regression, also a SAS test with 4 questions. I answered three correctly. They take you out for lunch with some other analysts. Had to wait about 5 weeks to get a reply on their decision. If you don't a reply in the first 2 weeks, it's not going to be a positive one anyway. Overall the process was easy, not sure why exactly I couldn't get through.

Interview Questions

• Scenario based HR questions. What are the assumptions of linear regression. What SAS functions and procedures do you use frequently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Applied online to a handful of positions... about a month later, a phone interview was set up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Met in lobby with other candidates. We were taken to a conference room where we were paired off with existing employees and taken to managers for one-on-one interviews. The questions were pre-written. Each min-interview lasted for about 40-45 minutes. The Managers were friendly and on a tight schedule. After the interview, I followed up with thank you emails.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to come work for a company in chapter 11?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines in September 2009.

Interview

pretty standard process with one-on-one interviews, case studies, and behavioral questions. was thrown off my number of brainteasers...who uses those anymore?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and heard from an interview scheduler within two weeks. I had my first phone interview with a member of the team where we discussed my applicable experiences and how they relate to the role. The following week I met with the manager and another member of the team to discuss some technical and behavioral questions. The week after that I received the offer. Very relaxed and quick interview process and the recruiter was available throughout to answer questions.

Low salary