American Airlines Senior Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Airlines Senior Project Manager Interview Questions

2.8

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I was approached by one of the vendors for American Airlines for this position. The interview was a 4 step process - first by a consultant at the vendor, then by three managers at AA over the phone. This was followed by 3 batches of 2 project managers each (a total of 6) - While the first two focused on Agile skills, the last interview by three PM's was all about "situational questions", "behavioural" questions. I used the STAR technique, and while this part of the interview process lasted about 60-90 minutes, there were probably a 3 sets of 15-20 questions each.

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

They will post a position on aa.com or internal career system. You applied for the job. They invite you for interview if you are selected. You go for the first interview and if they are interested in you further they call you for a second interview. If you make it then they offer you the position and the pay. You have a chance to negotiate for pay at that time if you are not satisfied with the first offer.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions and mostly generic for the field. It is mostly scenarion question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nogotiate for salary was bureacratic. Someone has to talk to someone higer to get a feedback in days, weeks, or months. I

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Entire process took about 3 months I applied in November and was sent an email regarding a panel interview for January. Interview was a scripted 3 person interview they took turns asking questions such as "Tell us about something you've learned in the past year and how you've applied it in your work." Typical interview questions. In addition there was a writing sample required which you have 30 minutes to complete. A few of the questions I remember are: What are the five stages of planning? and How would you foster a self forming team?

Interview Questions

• They run an agile shop so many of the technical questions were geared toward Agile. There was no mention of Agile (Scrum) listed in the job posting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

being a contract resource is long process of getting through the Allegis (3rd paty company, who maintains contract resources). AA hiring manager post a job requirement on Allegis to be available to allowed vendors to propose relevent/fit resume for that position. The hiring manager then selects the candidates and invites for interview. If selected they confirm the vendor company about the selection of the candidate.

Negotiation

No negotiation in AA contract rate but there could be negotiations (with your company) if you are on some other company's payroll and working for AA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Standard one on one interview, Interviewee (no longer with company) seemed a bit distracted stalling the interview. I left the interview knowing more about the interviewee. I was not selected for this job although was hired for another position within the organization.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask too many question, but rather statements you would have to work off of, such as, “Well I see you have all the needed education.”   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes, with primarily "tell me about yourself questions". The second interview was in person and we discussed a lot of scenario questions. However, the interview was more to determine if my personality would fit into the culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you handle difficult colleagues.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much room for negotiation, very quick

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

One interview, but kind of an irritating HR process. HR is offshore and does not return calls or provide emails

Interview Questions

• All typical questions for a project manager. Nothing at all out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation