American Airlines Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 27, 2017

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Airlines (Austin, TX).

Interview

First talked to them at a campus career fair, they told me to apply online the same day. Applied online, got a call within the next few days for a short behavioral interview. The interview was on campus and lasted about 15 minutes with two AA employees.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Airlines (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

It is a behavioral interview so no technical problems. Sent the resume to the recruiter at campus career fair and got an interview opportunity one week later. Locations for IT teams are at Dallas and Phoenix, which one is from original AA and another from US Airways.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the colleague when you have disagreement?   Answer Question
    • Can you describe a day in school that makes you happy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

Telephonic Interview followed by F2F:
    Telephonic round was only based on Technical Questions, whole technical team was on call and almost each one of them asked at least one question.
    It was really good experience overall as in beginning itself they comfort me discussing about their projects and my background, etc
    F2F round was behavioral

Interview Questions

• Few questions from Basic OOPS and UI technology related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very technical. Right off the bat, developers started asking technical questions as if they were reading from a list of interview questions from the internet. This tells me that they want someone that just sits and code and does not care about the candidate's personality or if the developer fits in the organization.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Airlines.

Interview

I had two rounds of interview. I have gone through first round. Second round was more about methodology and behavior questions. After that there four rounds onsite. It was more about Java technologies. It was nice experience. But Good communication needed for telephonic interview and be well prepare for behavior question on telephonic round.

Interview Questions

• They asked about Agile Methodology and behavior question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

College Interview. Recruiters came to campus. Got an interview a week later with one of the recruiters. I was later selected to interview on-site for more in person interviews. The interviews on-site consisted of 4 interviews, technical and behavioral. This was followed by an exam.

I was flown to-from Dallas in the same day for the on-site interviews. Never heard a response. Had to email my initial recruiter to find out I was not selected for the position. No specific feedback given, just told I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Name the three principles of object oriented design   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

There were 3 interviews, one hour each with people at various capacities in IT. Most questions were centered around past experiences pertaining to dealing with difficult people, solving difficult problems, time management, and leadership roles. Each interviewee is accompanied by an escort to guide them to each interview and provide any assistance necessary. After the interview process there is a case study where they pose a problem and have the interviewee compose a solution. This portion of the interview process is done with all candidates in the same room. The case study is for one hour. Lunch will be provided by the company at a local restaurant. After interviewing the candidates will meet with the IT Manager or someone of comparable status. Then each candidate will depart and be taken to the airport.

Interview Questions

• Write pseudo code to print out the Fibonacci sequence.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Airlines (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

It was a tough interview, a lot of technical/ behavioural questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult project you had.   1 Answer