American Apparel Keyholder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Apparel Keyholder Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

1.5

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Apparel (Boston, MA).

Interview

Very brief interview and was offered the position after speaking for a few minutes about my experience in retail customer service. It helped that I was dressed "on brand", as that is what hiring managers place a lot of focus on.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Apparel

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY).

Interview

Very simple process. Dropped off my resume in a store that had listed it was hiring and was then contacted by a store manager. Had a very brief interview about past experiences/personal style/customer service. Got to get an idea of what the workload would be like and what would be expected of me.

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Apparel (Ventura, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with Tavia and the interview was about 10 minutes. It was super chill and i felt really comfortable. Got an offer about 3 days later to be sales associate. I was an associate for 6 months then got promoted to key holder.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I did not interview, they took a picture of me at a model casting then called me two weeks later and gave me a sales associate job. I had no interviewed and was hired instantly when I came in.

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Apparel (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

Come in once for 10 -15 minute get to know you and your work experience interview with store manager. It is very easy. They just want to make sure you have a stable personality and can handle the job.

Interview Questions

• What three words would you use to describe American Apparel?
      Do you have previous customer service experience?
      What are you looking for in a job?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Apparel (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I walked into the store with my resume, asked to speak with the store manager. They called him out from the back and I introduced myself- he proceeded to read my resume, ask about my prior jobs and said he'd be in touch. It was no more than 10 minutes long in total.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I went to an open call for sales associate positions. I was interviewed by the store manager and was asked the standard retail interview questions ("Tell me a little bit about your style," ect.) The whole interview lasted about 10 minutes tops. At the end of it, a full body photo was taken of me to be submitted to corporate for approval. Make sure you were a very "AA-approved" outfit to the interview. Overall, it was one of the easiest interviews I had ever done.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a difficult experience you had at a previous job and how you handled yourself."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

There was an open call. I walked into a room, got asked one question and was hired on the spot. I was asked to report to the store the next day. Had a picture taken of me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really know how to negotiate because I was 14 and naive.

Keyholder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

I have given interviews here before. They have a template of questions, you answer them and they take notes on your answers. Very simple although some questions can be a bit tricky.

Interview Questions

• General questions are asked first such as availability and work experience. They will ask you what you know about the brand, how you can describe it in 3 words, how you can describe yourself in 3 words, why you want to work for them, what your hobbies are, your opinion on what great customer service is, etc.   Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Apparel (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online and soon got an email inviting me for an interview. The girl who interviewed me was really nice, she asked me about my previous experience and why did I apply to American Apparel. The interview lasted for around 20 minutes and in the end she took a picture of me.

Interview Questions

• They expect you to know about the brand and represent their style with your clothes and personality. there were no difficult or unexpected questions at all.   Answer Question