American Apparel Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Apparel Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at American Apparel

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Apparel (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

After getting an email for a set time, I went into the apparel store and sit in a folding chair between racks and then you answer a few questions. It was very casual and only took a few minutes of chatting with the manager and sales clerk.

Interview Questions

• After getting an email for a set time, I went into the apparel store and sit in a folding chair between racks and then you answer a few questions. Ask about experience with store and look over resume.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for American Apparel

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY).

Interview

I was recruited in store and asked for my information. They phoned me to arrange an interview. I went in to speak to manager and we sat in her office and she asked me a variety of questions. I was in high school at the time, so it was mainly about why I liked the brand and my availability.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Apparel in June 2015.

Interview

Relatively easy, definitely dress in the style of the brand. Asked a few questions. It helped a lot that I already had retail experience. Asked a lot about how you work on a team and deal with criticism.

Interview Questions

• A mother and daughter come into the store, how do you deal with the mother disapproving of the daughters choice in outfit/ how revealing the clothes are?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Apparel (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I initially applied for the Echo Park store location but was asked to meet at the location in Melrose office. The regional manager interviewed me. The entire interview lasted around 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Apparel (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied on monday got an email after that day. Went on the date of the interview it was a 1 on 1.Hiring manager was very nice. Very quick interview. Said they'll call within a week. Nothing offered.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Apparel (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

very chill and easy. show up wearing american apparel if you really want it but honestly theyll hire literally anyone at this point. not as prestigious as it once was.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at american apparel   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was at an open call in NYC, early by about 20 minutes. Already, there were probably 20 people in front of me and I waited 2 hours for an interview. When I finally got it, one man was on the phone while the woman asked me a few brief questions. It was a pretty standard interview, but it took literally 5 minutes, which was frustrating since I had waited so long. They were really rushed and stopped taking photographs of interviewees at that point, also.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

They hire based on how you dress and look and how cool you seem. They want models to be working for them, so the interview is basically "are you vaguely competent... oh wait you have a sense of style HIRED" The interview is a preview to the misery you'll suffer as an employee... it's not awesome.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Apparel in May 2014.

Interview

Really easy, basic questions such as what do you know about the company, why you would be a good fit, your availability, and location. It was a one on one five minute initial interview. They asked what good customer service was. It seems like they choose people based on their style or if they're "cute" or "on brand". I have witnessed people being offered jobs on looks alone. They hire teenagers, Turnover rate is absurd. Probably because the pay is ridiculously low considering what they expect from you. Although the job is easy, the micro managing is annoying

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's the same base pay for everyone, they are very flexible about hours, especially if you're a student.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Apparel (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

I went to an open call i saw advertised on instagram. I waited in a long line, answered basic questions about my availability and work experience, then they took a picture of me and sent me on my way. i got a call the next day from a district manager. i had a second interview that was mostly paperwork and explaining the basics of the job. within a week from the open call i was working as a seasonal backstock associate.

Interview Questions

• they asked when i would be available to work. in early october it seems like they're pretty desperate to hire people for the busy season so anyone with open availability is pretty much in   Answer Question