American Apparel Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Apparel Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at American Apparel

1.8

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Apparel.

Interview

call from store manager to come in for a face to face interview. came in. interview lasted 5 minutes in the backstock. other associates were present but working while I was being interviewed. told id be called back. was called back after 2 weeks. came in to fill out a ton of a paperwork and started the following week.

Interview Questions

• questions about company knowledge, about you, what would you do in this situation, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Apparel

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Apparel (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Handed in my resume to the associate at the register, was told the manager was conducting interviews the following weekend and that they would get in contact with me. I was called by the manager later and told to come in at a certain time. Came in, chatted with her for about 15-20 minutes about the position. A very casual "on the spot" interview. Was told they would get back to me. Got a call the next day offering me the position and asked when I could start.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite item from their store.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Apparel (Orlando, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Was scouted while shopping in the store, was asked a few questions and set up by the store manager with an interview for a late date. Went in for the interview, had photos taken and submitted for district management, and was offered a backstock position on the same day. Overall, the whole process took less than a week.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I interviewed at American Apparel (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very simple, very non invasive and directed at assessing how well you'd fit in within the sales team, and overall company culture. The manager sat me down asked how I felt about the store, retail, and the company message.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Apparel (Tucson, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Brief phone interview to set up in-person interview. In-person was one on one, relaxed, conversational with a few questions to keep on track. This was back in March of 2011, but unable to select that.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Apparel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I sent in an application online and came in to turn in my resume in person. I got an on the spot interview in the front of the store. After the interview I was told by the store manager that she would gladly have me on the team! I told her I can start whenever haha, it takes about 3 days for the paperwork to go through.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Apparel in April 2015.

Interview

They asked me if I had any sales experience and my availability, and basic questions like what I thought about the American Apparel brand. I didn't end up taking the job but everyone was really nice.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Apparel (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Was scouted at college, had a former classmate submit a photo of me to HR and I received an interview within a week. The interview was easy, the questions were about my experience in sales and apparel

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were not difficult, sales associate questions that were easy to answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Apparel (Miami, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

The interviewer came to my house and looked through my closet to determine whether or not I was fit for the company. The interview is based off of the persons style and looks. You have to fit the part to be hired.

Anonymous Employee in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Apparel (Royal Oak, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

It was in a smaller office with a manager dressed in a bodysuit cut all the way down to her belly button and a cheerleader skirt. I wore American Apparel brands in order to appeal to the store.