American Automobile Association (AAA) Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Easy straightforward process. Glassdoor is very accurate in detail regarding job description and requirements. The interview process includes taking a sales test after a face to face interview. Also, on the job training is done during the interview process. Pretty much your average sales job. Benefits were mentioned in the interview process as well which are great. All in all great interview process and is worth a try.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Newark, DE) in October 2016.

Interview

Found posting on Indeed, Applied on AAA website, was contacted by email within 2 weeks inviting me to an interview Process was very thorough, but the atmosphere was very relaxed. Spoke with TA rep about schedule and requirements. After this I took an assessment and was then given the chance to split in with one of the employees to see what a real day on the job was like. Two days later I received and email that I was being offered the position. Overall great experience, about 2 hours long.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with technology and navigating a PC?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

The interview took about 2-3 hours, you are asked a series of questions that relates to what you have experienced in previous jobs related to customer service, sales, ect. You will also role play a situation between the customer and you as a rep.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at a time where you had multiple things to do in a limited amount of time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to AAA and received a phone interview invitation 2 weeks later. The first interview was very laid back. The HR representative who interviewed me was very kind and made me feel very comfortable talking to them. I passed that interview, and then she prepared me for the role play scenarios that would be in the second phone interview with the branch supervisor. The second interview was the most thorough interview I've ever been on. It consisted of three role play scenarios, and behavioral assessment questions. I suggest having plenty of detailed stories filed away before the interview with the supervisor. The behavioral assessment questions are designed for STAR framework answers. Situation, Task, Action, and Results. After the interview I was told I'd be contacted within 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your past Boss, and what you did to create a better solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They ask a bunch of behavioral, situational type questions they asked how I would handle certain types of situations as well as let me sit with someone and review how they took calls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied Online on 02/24. Received a phone call from a recruiter in the A.M. on 02/25 for a quick phone interview. Was told I'd be contacted later that day to schedule an in-person interview at the branch I applied to work at. Scheduled the interview for the following Monday 02/29. Received a call the very same day as my in-person interview letting me know I'd passed the interview and was offered a position contingent upon passing the required background check and drug test. Submitted background info and drug test on 03/01. Took about a week for everything to come back and on 03/08 received my official offer!

The in-person interview was the most thorough interview I had ever participated in. It lasted a total time of two hours. The first hour I shadowed two senior employees while they answered calls and the last hour was a one on one interview. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and made me feel very at ease through the whole process. The only part I found stressful were all the situational questions during the second part of the interview. I believe there were maybe 8-10 and every single one had to be in S.T.A.R format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). I suggest you research situational interview questions and have many stories filed away to tell them. They were looking for specific instances rather than generalizations.

Overall, wonderful environment and experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you weren't able to fulfill a request for a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was offered. From the very beginning they let you know how much you'll be starting at. I felt it was a fair amount for the type of work and matched the average amount in my area.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in February 2016.

Interview

Me and three others went and listened to someone tell us abt AAA then we split off with Supervisors. I did three role play scenarios, and went over availability. Then the HR came in and said they would contact me in abt 3 days.

Interview Questions

• How would I react to an upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application and received an online assessment email the next day. Completed application on a Friday. Received a call Monday to interview the same week.
    I attended the interview along with about 10 others. Was a 1 on 1 setting during interview. First was role playing customer service calls. They didn't expect you to know products, just wanted to see how you handle situations and speak with customers. Fairly quick.
    Second part was a 1 on 1 with a supervisor immediately after the role play. These were the more basic questions in regards to information found on your resume.
    The supervisor stated she was going to speak to someone and would be right back. She came back with her manager and I was offered the job on the spot. This was the case for a few others, but not everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. $15.05 starting pay and $15.50 after training (about 3 months). Strict no call out rule during training. It is flexible though if you get sick or emergency.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied on December 17th, they Emailed me on Dec 18th to invite me to take an assessment that specified the job functions in a call center environment and I did some practice calls pretending to be in a call center scenario plus a few personality questions then the same day after a couple hours I received an email letting me know that I passed the assessment and that a HR recruiter will be in contact with me. On Dec 23rd I received an email from HR recruiter asking me to schedule a phone interview and to answer 5 customer service related questions. I replied back and gave 2 times and days I was available for my phone interview, then HR recruiter confirmed date, then next morning on Dec 29th she emailed me to postponed interview until the following day, Dec 30th at 2pm. I received the call at 2:21pm, HR recruiter apologized for the delayed, asked me why do I want to work for them, describe good customer service, previous work history, the position I applied for specific job description, and pay. The call was about 10 mins. The HR RECRUITER was really polite and professional. HR recruiter told me he will pass me to the next interview process step which is a face to face interview and that I should receive a call with more details. At 4:14pm I received a call from the HR RECRUITER who has emailed me, she asked how did my interview go with her colleague. Then she gave me a brief job description of the position. She gave me examples of the questions I will be asked at the face to face interview and also let me know there will be a role play involved in the interview and ways to answer the interview questions. She scheduled my interview 2 weeks from now and she let me choose the time I'm available for the job interview. She emailed me the confirmation of my interview and told me I can Email her anytime if I have any further questions. She was by far one of the sweetest people I ever talked to on the phone. She told me AAA is about Legendary customer service.

Interview Questions

• What does great customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Tell me of a time to exceeded sales goals?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at a call center?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to commit to a three month training?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Long Beach, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

The entire interviewing process took roughly one week. I applied on a Wednesday, I was sent a link to take a pre employment assessment the next day. On Thursday I completed the assessment. This assessment consisted of customer call simulation and coding .It took about an hour to complete it was not extremely difficult but it is time sensitive and requires some level of concentration. After taking my assessment on Thursday, I received an email from HR saying that I passed the assessment and that I was invited to set up a phone interview. I set up my phone interview for the next day, Friday. The phone interview was conducted by a nice recruiter from HR she went over the specs of the job, the starting pay, may work holidays and weekends, 40 hours a week, when training would start and so on. She then asked me quite a few questions, how fast did I type, customer service skills, why did I want the position, what interested me in the company, how did I feel about the company's policy on being on time to training (this was a 20 min call). That following Monday I received a call from the supervisor of the call center, she told me she would call me Tuesday morning and we would have a brief 10-15 minute role play call. The next day she called me a few minutes earlier than the time she told me she would (so be prepared). We did two role play scenarios, one where a member wanted to pay via credit card which we don't accept and one where the member was frustrated that her tow truck hadn't arrived when a rep had told her it would arrive. This is completely ad lib they are not looking for you to know company policy, just make sure you mock how you've heard call center reps interact, if you do not know I suggest you look on Youtube. The duration of the role play call was 6 minutes, immediately after we finished the role play she offered me an invitation to come in for a face to face interview that Thursday. I interviewed, dress business casual, I sat in on a couple of calls for about 10-15 minutes with another rep, it doesn't seem to bad. I was then taken to the cubicle where the supervisor who actually conducted the role play call met me, her and another supervisor interviewed me. If it helps, they write the entire time you interview so it helps ease the mind and nerves. During the interview ***always remember S.T.A.R. when they ask you a question: Scenario, Task, Action, Result. They are looking for what YOU did on the job at your previous employment NOT what you did as a group or you and your supervisor. They asked me some preliminary questions and then followed with the "real" questions there were 6 which they will explain to you. Most are situational questions that may require some thought: Tell me about a time where...... you didn't agree with a supervisor and how did you handle it, you were passionate about a project and how did you go about succeeding, you handled a customer complaint, you went above and beyond..... Just remember STAR, that has to be your response layout for EVERY SINGLE QUESTION. From the time I walked into AAA's door until I got in my car an hour had passed so I'd say the interview process was 30-45min. That afternoon I received a call that I was offered the position. The next day, Friday, HR sent me my offer letter and info on the hiring process to follow... I hope this helps good luck :)

Interview Questions

• During the interview ***always remember S.T.A.R. when they ask you a question: Scenario, Task, Action, Result. They are looking for what YOU did on the job at your previous employment NOT what you did as a group or you and your supervisor. They asked me some preliminary questions and then followed with the "real" questions there were 6 which they will explain to you. Most are situational questions that may require some thought: Tell me about a time where...... you didn't agree with a supervisor and how did you handle it, you were passionate about a project and how did you go about succeeding, you handled a customer complaint, you went above and beyond, there was a change in company rules and how did you deal with this..... Just remember STAR, that has to be pretty much be your response layout for EVERY SINGLE QUESTION.   Answer Question