American Automobile Association (AAA) Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Customer Service Representative

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.6

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in October 2017.

Interview

First phone interview went good .I doing my 2nd phone interview today. They over the job description and ask you about your work history. They explain to me that it is a 3 process interview so far im about to be on my 2nd phone interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a irate customer.

How would you deal with a irate customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I did the application online. I received the email to take the online assessment shortly after. About a week later, I received a call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted for about 30 minutes with details about job, pay, expectations and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you had to deal with an irate customer.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Easy straightforward process. Glassdoor is very accurate in detail regarding job description and requirements. The interview process includes taking a sales test after a face to face interview. Also, on the job training is done during the interview process. Pretty much your average sales job. Benefits were mentioned in the interview process as well which are great. All in all great interview process and is worth a try.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Newark, DE) in October 2016.

Interview

Found posting on Indeed, Applied on AAA website, was contacted by email within 2 weeks inviting me to an interview Process was very thorough, but the atmosphere was very relaxed. Spoke with TA rep about schedule and requirements. After this I took an assessment and was then given the chance to split in with one of the employees to see what a real day on the job was like. Two days later I received and email that I was being offered the position. Overall great experience, about 2 hours long.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with technology and navigating a PC?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

The interview took about 2-3 hours, you are asked a series of questions that relates to what you have experienced in previous jobs related to customer service, sales, ect. You will also role play a situation between the customer and you as a rep.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at a time where you had multiple things to do in a limited amount of time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to AAA and received a phone interview invitation 2 weeks later. The first interview was very laid back. The HR representative who interviewed me was very kind and made me feel very comfortable talking to them. I passed that interview, and then she prepared me for the role play scenarios that would be in the second phone interview with the branch supervisor. The second interview was the most thorough interview I've ever been on. It consisted of three role play scenarios, and behavioral assessment questions. I suggest having plenty of detailed stories filed away before the interview with the supervisor. The behavioral assessment questions are designed for STAR framework answers. Situation, Task, Action, and Results. After the interview I was told I'd be contacted within 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your past Boss, and what you did to create a better solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

They ask a bunch of behavioral, situational type questions they asked how I would handle certain types of situations as well as let me sit with someone and review how they took calls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied Online on 02/24. Received a phone call from a recruiter in the A.M. on 02/25 for a quick phone interview. Was told I'd be contacted later that day to schedule an in-person interview at the branch I applied to work at. Scheduled the interview for the following Monday 02/29. Received a call the very same day as my in-person interview letting me know I'd passed the interview and was offered a position contingent upon passing the required background check and drug test. Submitted background info and drug test on 03/01. Took about a week for everything to come back and on 03/08 received my official offer!

The in-person interview was the most thorough interview I had ever participated in. It lasted a total time of two hours. The first hour I shadowed two senior employees while they answered calls and the last hour was a one on one interview. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and made me feel very at ease through the whole process. The only part I found stressful were all the situational questions during the second part of the interview. I believe there were maybe 8-10 and every single one had to be in S.T.A.R format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). I suggest you research situational interview questions and have many stories filed away to tell them. They were looking for specific instances rather than generalizations.

Overall, wonderful environment and experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you weren't able to fulfill a request for a customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation was offered. From the very beginning they let you know how much you'll be starting at. I felt it was a fair amount for the type of work and matched the average amount in my area.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in February 2016.

Interview

Me and three others went and listened to someone tell us abt AAA then we split off with Supervisors. I did three role play scenarios, and went over availability. Then the HR came in and said they would contact me in abt 3 days.

Interview Questions

• How would I react to an upset customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted application and received an online assessment email the next day. Completed application on a Friday. Received a call Monday to interview the same week.
    I attended the interview along with about 10 others. Was a 1 on 1 setting during interview. First was role playing customer service calls. They didn't expect you to know products, just wanted to see how you handle situations and speak with customers. Fairly quick.
    Second part was a 1 on 1 with a supervisor immediately after the role play. These were the more basic questions in regards to information found on your resume.
    The supervisor stated she was going to speak to someone and would be right back. She came back with her manager and I was offered the job on the spot. This was the case for a few others, but not everyone.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. $15.05 starting pay and $15.50 after training (about 3 months). Strict no call out rule during training. It is flexible though if you get sick or emergency.