American Automobile Association (AAA) Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Automobile Association (AAA) Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at American Automobile Association (AAA)

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Long process and total waste time. I was invited for group interview and my recruiter told me what type questions I need to get myself ready for. So I did but all I got was Where are you from originally? and why are you leaving your current job?
Sales Manager who interviewed me after ethnicity question he had his mind set, you could tell he was not listing and keep checking his watch and looking around.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

Since I was hired during a time when the sales force was rapidly increasing I didn't get the opportunity to have a interview with anyone. I did an intelligence and skills test, in a classroom setting that takes anywhere from 1-3 hours. After that I was called in to do a phone sales test and upon completion of that I was offered the job. The HR representative walked in with scissors and cut my hair as soon as I agreed to take the position. They have an on site drug testing lab.

Interview Questions

• If I was open to working ocassional Saturdays   1 Answer

Negotiation

Every agent has the same base pay, which is set up as a draw. There was no room for negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up an appointment for phone screening. I did not hear back from the HR rep until after I marched into the hiring manager's office and explained the situation. Then came the phone call from the HR rep with an apology for failing to inform me in advance. Re-scheduling the phone screening I finally got the phone call which went really well for about 30 mins and received a confirmation that I was to proceed to the next level in the hiring process. Not even being given an opportunity to interview with the hiring manager, I received an e-mail 2.5 weeks later saying that they are moving forward with other candidates! It was a good lesson for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearfield, UT

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Clearfield, UT) in May 2019.

Interview

It was a job fair.
    We watched an introductory video, and were interviewed separately.
    I met with two sets of interviewers after describing my expectations.
    I felt they were very informative, and helped me understand the open position sufficiently.

Interview Questions

• Asked to talk about my career and expectations.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Three different interviews. Just be confident and talk about how much money you want to make, and youre hired! They ask alot of questions inbthe STAR format. Situation, task, action, result.

Interview Questions

• What sales awards do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Houston, TX).

Interview

2 phone screens, 1 sales assessment, 45 minute wait at interview before presenting a mock sales presentation to a panel of 2 managers, unprofessional, my questions were glossed over, AAA was mentioned regarding integrity and ethics. Bell dinged and I was told time to leave they had more candidates to interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I make contributions to a team in a positive way   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Please beware he "bait and switch". If they like you in the initial interview they will pitch you that FT is 30 hrs/wk and you work when you want. By the 3rd interview you are told the truth-you will be expected to stay to close every day and work much closer to 45+hrs a week. You will be told there is a base salary with commission, but really you will only get commission if you sell 20+ policies a month, and that is only a $400.00/month increase! Not too many brand new agents will be able to attain that goal, and the base salary is laughable even with the "bonus commission". I have no idea how they retain or even gain employees, but please make sure you find out the truth before wasting 2-3 months of your life trying to gain employment as a AAA Insurance Agent-it is a waste of your time.

Interview Questions

• Being intentionally mislead and lied to point blank about what to expect from your "employment" AKA slave labor   Answer Question

They lied and mislead me. I wish I never stepped foot in that place. I plan on reporting them to the state and to upper management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Marietta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted application and got a call from recruiter the same day wanting to set up phone interview. Completed phone interview 2 days later. Day after phone interview recruiter called to scheduled face to face interview. The process was very fast. The pay was commission based and just was not for me.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2011.

Interview

They give you a test that has a couple sections. It has a lot of calculations and decision-making scenarios. The questions are geared toward a manager or small business owner type mind set.

Interview Questions

• How important is it to you to be accurate and detailed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My base salary changed a lot over the course of 4 years. The sales compensation seemed very inaccurate, but there was no way to verify it.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Hiring process was straight forward. Received an email about the position and then was instructed to take a personality test. I then received a phone interview from a recruiter. Then was scheduled for an interview at the office. The lady I meet was my direct manager that I would report too. She had a lot of questions about my career goals, previous work history and then asked STAR questions. After being asked a ton of questions I was then instructed to go into another room where I was given AAA policy. I was instructed that I would receive a phone call from a customer(all pretend, she actually called me in the other room) and my goal was to give them a quote and try get them to purchase the policy. After that it was the waiting game but was able to meet with the district manager the 2nd day. He was very through and gaged my previous job experience and why I wanted to work for AAA. He also told me about the job in more depth. I made sure I asked him additional questions and why he enjoyed working for the company for so long. All and all it was great interview experience but took awhile to receive an offer. I did everything right, thank you emails, follow ups and phone calls. I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when a customer was upset or disagreed? How do did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well there's none because you get commission. So I didn't think to ask.