American Automobile Association (AAA) Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Automobile Association (AAA) Insurance Sales Agent Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Hiring process was straight forward. Received an email about the position and then was instructed to take a personality test. I then received a phone interview from a recruiter. Then was scheduled for an interview at the office. The lady I meet was my direct manager that I would report too. She had a lot of questions about my career goals, previous work history and then asked STAR questions. After being asked a ton of questions I was then instructed to go into another room where I was given AAA policy. I was instructed that I would receive a phone call from a customer(all pretend, she actually called me in the other room) and my goal was to give them a quote and try get them to purchase the policy. After that it was the waiting game but was able to meet with the district manager the 2nd day. He was very through and gaged my previous job experience and why I wanted to work for AAA. He also told me about the job in more depth. I made sure I asked him additional questions and why he enjoyed working for the company for so long. All and all it was great interview experience but took awhile to receive an offer. I did everything right, thank you emails, follow ups and phone calls. I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when a customer was upset or disagreed? How do did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well there's none because you get commission. So I didn't think to ask.

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two weeks. spoke with branch manager then went to main hq to interview with multiple branch managers after the personality test. The two managers I interviewed with were very laid back and I answered the questions well just wasnt given the job.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Newark, DE) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. They made it very comfortable for you to be yourself and get to know you as a person along with your experience. I enjoyed the interview and the environment while I was in the interview allowed me to show my personality and experience without feeling overwhelmed with pressure.

Interview Questions

• How will your experience make you a great fit for the company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from the recruiter. Took a test, filled out the application. had a phone interview with a manager, then passed on to the in person interview with 2 managers from offices. I passed that part. They had me wait and meet with the Regional Director. The regional director was intimidated by my experience (I had a lot and he was young, very, very young). He also said I was perfect except that I lived too far away and since he hated commuting, he would not hire me because of where I lived.

This company is a commission only position. They told me that there would be lots of hours needed to work, without a base pay. For example, they said that employees stay from 8:30am through at least 7pm or 8pm. And you must hound people for business, utilizing their membership base to try and get more customers, while doing your own prospecting on your own time. As an insurance sales rep, you are a CAPTIVE AGENT, which means you can only sell AAA products, however, you DO NOT RECEIVE ANY RENEWALS OR RESIDUAL INCOME. This means, you are always seeking new customers, month after month etc...

Not the place for me. The money isn't there and they get you working like a dog for free with no potential renewal income, but AAA makes money off your slave labor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Marietta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted application and got a call from recruiter the same day wanting to set up phone interview. Completed phone interview 2 days later. Day after phone interview recruiter called to scheduled face to face interview. The process was very fast. The pay was commission based and just was not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Boston, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Please beware he "bait and switch". If they like you in the initial interview they will pitch you that FT is 30 hrs/wk and you work when you want. By the 3rd interview you are told the truth-you will be expected to stay to close every day and work much closer to 45+hrs a week. You will be told there is a base salary with commission, but really you will only get commission if you sell 20+ policies a month, and that is only a $400.00/month increase! Not too many brand new agents will be able to attain that goal, and the base salary is laughable even with the "bonus commission". I have no idea how they retain or even gain employees, but please make sure you find out the truth before wasting 2-3 months of your life trying to gain employment as a AAA Insurance Agent-it is a waste of your time.

Interview Questions

• Being intentionally mislead and lied to point blank about what to expect from your "employment" AKA slave labor   Answer Question

They lied and mislead me. I wish I never stepped foot in that place. I plan on reporting them to the state and to upper management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Houston, TX).

Interview

2 phone screens, 1 sales assessment, 45 minute wait at interview before presenting a mock sales presentation to a panel of 2 managers, unprofessional, my questions were glossed over, AAA was mentioned regarding integrity and ethics. Bell dinged and I was told time to leave they had more candidates to interview.

Interview Questions

• How did I make contributions to a team in a positive way   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

It's pretty much the typical questions but the role play is difficult. Make sure to answer scenario questions in a start, middle to end fashion. Explain the situation well, explain what you did to improve it and what was the solution.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2011.

Interview

They give you a test that has a couple sections. It has a lot of calculations and decision-making scenarios. The questions are geared toward a manager or small business owner type mind set.

Interview Questions

• How important is it to you to be accurate and detailed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

My base salary changed a lot over the course of 4 years. The sales compensation seemed very inaccurate, but there was no way to verify it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Austin, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by HR to set up an appointment for phone screening. I did not hear back from the HR rep until after I marched into the hiring manager's office and explained the situation. Then came the phone call from the HR rep with an apology for failing to inform me in advance. Re-scheduling the phone screening I finally got the phone call which went really well for about 30 mins and received a confirmation that I was to proceed to the next level in the hiring process. Not even being given an opportunity to interview with the hiring manager, I received an e-mail 2.5 weeks later saying that they are moving forward with other candidates! It was a good lesson for me.