American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

321 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Garden City, NY).

Interview

I went through a series of three interviews. First was a phone interview with Human Resources from the Rhode Island branch of AAA Northeast. Very simple, asked me basic questions and what I wanted, salary requirements, general knowledge of programs and the field of design. He also told me about the company. Second interview took place a week later at the Garden City, NY branch with my perspective bosses, the senior graphic designer and art director. They were really kind and we developed a good rapport. They asked general interview questions from any normal interview. They also loved my resume, which I designed myself, as all designers should. The interview lasted around 20 minutes and was really easy. The third interview occurred more than a week later, and I was invited back to meet the director of the publications department and learn more about the position. They wanted to know I could handle the daily work required in the job, but it was really simple stuff from my perspective so I said of course, and we all got along really well. In the end, human resources called me back another week later and offered me the job, but below my original salary request. I took it anyway because the benefits were excellent.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about one of your greatest achievements?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a conflict with another employee? Or how would you handle a situation where you've made a mistake?   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. Asked several behavioral questions as well as experience related questions. Second part of interview involves role playing. There was a chance to ask them questions at the end of the interview.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Received a Phone call asking for me to come in the next day for an interview. I showed up for the interview early meet with 2 managers asked basic questions they also used the star method. I believed the interview went well very laid back. received an email next day thanking me for coming in for an interview and I would be notified next day by either email (no offer) of by Phone (job offer). Didn't hear anything for a week, Then got a phone call from 1 of the managers I interviewed with saying they wanted me to interview with a 3rd manager, its been 2 weeks and still waiting for the Phone call.

Interview Questions

• how did you deal with a difficult customer   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Anaheim, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was a short n good interview , the interview was a group of people asking questions about my previous work experience and my skill set . They also asked about my previous job location and how I came to know about this job

Interview Questions

• What was your previous experience   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

They recently started a cool internship program in the Walnut Creek office. Only complaint about the interview process is how they select kids based on prestige. They implied I was less qualified because I didn't go to an Ivy, which was ironic because I go to a tier1 school and everyone in that office went to low-tier schools.

Interview Questions

• Depends what department you interview with. Expect basic behavioral questions but also know about trends in the automobile industry.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Grande, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Rio Grande, NJ) in June 2017.

Interview

HR rep contacted me online to ask about my availability. What she failed to do is 1) Give a more accurate description of what the job is about than what's listed; 2) conduct a telephone interview initially and 3) administer proper assessment prior to interview as to screen qualified candidates. At the interview, the manager had a confused look on her face as why none of the above was completed prior. It was basically the manger speaking for 20 minutes about her accomplishments at the company and her ratings. She also outlined that all she's doing is looking for an office floater. It was a complete waste of time for me to go to this interview. Obviously, there is a lot a chaos going on in the background and a discord when it comes to communication. Not a place you want to work in.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions about my qualification or ability to perform the job   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

There was a phone interview and online assessment. The in office interview was super relaxed. Both the insurance manager and area director were there. After I accepted the position I found out appointments can take a long time to come in before you can start selling.

Auto Claim Representative BI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa Palms, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Typical claim adjuster interview, STAR format questions. They did get specific about UM and Bad Faith. Interview was relaxed, two hiring managers present. The recruiter did not follow up after the face to face interview I simply received a generic rejection email. I am surprised being very over qualified for the position. If you can contact someone via phone multiple times prior to the interview why can't you follow up with feedback via phone? These initial recruiters lack knowledge and courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Difference between stacked and non stacked UM? Three things that constitute bad faith?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Interview

It is a very pretty straight forward process. Must complete the list of questions to see if you will fit in the company, a call interview, and then in person interview

Emergency Roadside Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Burbank, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied. Assessment. Virtual interview. Face-to-face interview. Everything was great until the face-to-face interview where I was set up with a supervisor who didn't even want to take my interview. How do I know? Because whole I was doing a side-by-side with a rep I overheard her ask another supervisor to take it while she did the writing for it. I knew from the moment on anything I said wouldn't matter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you showed you understood a message someone else was giving.   Answer Question