American Automobile Association (AAA) Call Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Automobile Association (AAA) Call Center Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.8

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Received email to take assessment then received email to schedule phone interview. During phone interview he went over the position and made sure it was something I was willing to do. Ask about my current position and why I wanted to leave. Let me know the next process in the interview and scheduled a 2nd phone interview he let me know the next interview would be a hour long process and a role play with different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask me to many question he went over the job position and made sure I was ok with the 4th month training and can't miss one day. And let me know that there would be a hair follicle drug test for the past 90 days   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Providence, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

I could tell I had the job which is a good feeling but I know it was based off of my experience and not my actual interview. Was told to bring my documents in case I was hired on the spot but was called a few hours later so I did not need to risk bringing/losing my only original copy of my birth certificate which is expensive to replace.
    Must pass a drug test to answer phones? Get a grip, teachers, you know, the people shaping the youth of America, they're not drug tested, nor should they be. I'm not operating heavy equipment or handling extremely sensitive information, chill out AAA. You're not that important. I'm assuming paying for drug testing ensures you spend an ungodly amount of money on each and every employee to maintain non-profit status.

Interview Questions

• name an experience in which you helped a very upset customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Online application process. Application process along with a resume and cover letter are required in applying for this company. Everything is processed online rather than in person. You must fill out an application along with your detailed resume with a cover letter or introduction letter.

Interview Questions

• Phone recording with details answers   1 Answer

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived to the interview, checked in with the security guard, and was directed to sit down with another woman who was interviewing for the same position. First they had us take a map test, using Google Maps to find locations and such. I passed that, and was asked to sit back down and wait for a supervisor to come interview me. It took about 7 minutes for her to come up, she tried making small talk about the weather, and we went downstairs to begin the interview. She described the job then asked if I had any questions for her. I came prepared with questions, so I responded enthusiastically and got out my notebook with the questions I prepared. First question I asked was "what's your favorite part of this job?" She replied, "well.. I'm an interviewer?" Immediately after answering, she left to go assist one of her workers, leaving me for about 2 minutes. When she came back she answered my question and a few others I prepared, but she wasn't very inviting with them, I could tell she was getting annoyed, so I resisted asking her the rest. She said "are you done now? Can I actually interview you now?" I was absolutely shocked by the rudeness of this woman. We continued the interview, they were all S.T.A.R questions, relatively easy. At the end, she told me how difficult the job is, how high stress it is, and basically tried to convince me not to work there since it was so hectic. I told her I was prepared for what they had in store, and she told me they would contact me that week if I got the position. She remained sitting after I stood up to shake her hand, she gave me verbal directions on how to leave instead of showing me. All in all, I was extremely unimpressed by the whole interview process and by the attitude of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with an employer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Florham Park, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

First I did a digital interview which was great. That saves time and easier for the employer to move on to a second Interview. I met with a branch manager 1 week later. The interview was very relaxing and straight to the point. Simple questions were asked that were customer serviced based.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

Applied online and was immediately sent an assessment test that had nothing to do with the job. After completing the assessment test I received an email scheduling a phone interview.. Also to answer two questions and send them back to the recruiter before our Phone interview.. Questions tell me by the time he had a difficult customer and how did that turn out? The interview was role play ,different types of calls.. I Didn't receive a job offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you handle irate customer?
      Answer Question

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke Rapids, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Roanoke Rapids, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

I was called a week after I submitted my application. I was asked to do a phone interview, where they asked basic questions such as (are you still interested in the job? are you able to work weekends & holidays? training is three weeks 8am-5pm, off on weekends and you are not allowed to be absent or tardy during the three weeks, is that okay with you? etc.) at the end of the phone interview, she suggested times that worked for me to come in for a face to face interview. The face to face interview was the following week where I was asked a series of basic interview questions. There were two women who interviewed me and they were very nice and humorist, and made me feel comfortable. The interview went well and after I was offered the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

we were able to negotiate the pay as well as a schedule that worked great for me.

Anonymous Employee in Town and Country, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Town and Country, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Tedious. Long and ridiculous tests and assessments causing you to waste hours of your time. Background check is long and ridiculous and you end up doing all of the work for the incompetent outsourced background check company. Drug test is a hair test and they take a lot.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions centering over customer service. Nothing unexpected.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had an series of phone interviews and also an simulated call situation. I passed all three and I finally had the face to face interview. It was in an small conference room, which still had not been cleaned from the last time it was occupied. The interview started with an series of what the position is like and the environment. The questions finally began. It was all on a few pieces of paper, more like an questionaire. Very little eye contact from the interviewer, I was shocked. I have been on alot of big corporate interviews and this was disappointing. The questions were the same questions I was asked over the phone. Describe an escalated call . How did you handle it? Describe how you went above and beyond on your previous job? I passed the first interview and the next interview was the manager of the call center. Sge asked the exact same questions from the first interviewer. I gave the same response. She was very arrogant and asked me did I upsell in my previous jobs. I knew there she was not satisfied with my responses and I knew I did not get offered the job. Too bad, I keep seeing that the company is still looking for reps. They need to have an human resources associate start interviews. This company is not screening properly. Honestly I am glad I was not offered the position. Just from the mannerisms. This is one place where my customer service skills would be stippened. I pride myself on my skills. Good luck to future candidates.

Interview Questions

• In your last job did you upsell?   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Interview

They ask you questions that you have to give them actually story that you experience like tell me a situation where you had to make a deadline and how did u accomplished it

Interview Questions

• What are your strenghts tell me a situation when u had a deadline you had to meet and how did u accomplish it   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate