American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.7

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

I met a recruiter at Starbucks to discuss the role and the company. It did not feel like a legitimate interview and there was a lot more sales involved than I had anticipated. There was a lot of training and advancement opportunities offered but much of your ability to advance seems to be based on your ability to 'up-sell' on insurance and get folks to sign up for credit cards, etc.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall any of the questions - I remember them being very basic.   Answer Question

Insurance Customer Service (Call Center) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Interview

Received email to take assessment then received email to schedule phone interview. During phone interview he went over the position and made sure it was something I was willing to do. Ask about my current position and why I wanted to leave. Let me know the next process in the interview and scheduled a 2nd phone interview he let me know the next interview would be a hour long process and a role play with different scenarios.

Interview Questions

• Did not ask me to many question he went over the job position and made sure I was ok with the 4th month training and can't miss one day. And let me know that there would be a hair follicle drug test for the past 90 days   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

AAA emailed an invitation to apply for the position. I filled out the application and a few days later recieved an email to complete a phone interview. A week later they emailed me for an in person intreview.

Insurance Sales Agent-Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Riverside, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

It's a 2 part interview with a series of questions of what your previous experiences are in certain type situations. Second part is a role play. You get 15 min to study a fake company and convince the "customer" to sign up with your conpany.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were honest with a mistake you could've gotten away with at work.   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marys, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Saint Marys, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

First received a telephone screening interview, then was contacted by the store manager at the branch where I applied. Face-to-face interview on Thursday, which went well. Now awaiting further news either way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I always ensure that the recruiter tells me the pay range before interviewing, and they did. The interviewer was very impressed with my background and qualifications and asked how fast I could start the job. However, he asked what my salary expectation was, and I referenced the salary amount I told the recruiter. In that moment the interviewer shut down and was done taking to me. WTF! Don't you tell your HR people what your hiring budget is?! What a waste of time this interview was. If you don't have a budget to pay competitive talent, you should hire outside of CA for critical positions!

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (New York, NY).

Interview

Very interesting process, detailed and individuals were thorough. Asked about my background as well as education and had a good conversation. I think it is also beneficial to look into the news to see what is going on in the industry for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Providence, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

I could tell I had the job which is a good feeling but I know it was based off of my experience and not my actual interview. Was told to bring my documents in case I was hired on the spot but was called a few hours later so I did not need to risk bringing/losing my only original copy of my birth certificate which is expensive to replace.
    Must pass a drug test to answer phones? Get a grip, teachers, you know, the people shaping the youth of America, they're not drug tested, nor should they be. I'm not operating heavy equipment or handling extremely sensitive information, chill out AAA. You're not that important. I'm assuming paying for drug testing ensures you spend an ungodly amount of money on each and every employee to maintain non-profit status.

Interview Questions

• name an experience in which you helped a very upset customer.   1 Answer

Claims Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, asking general questions very calm and relax type of interview. The company HR generally asks you basic interview questions with some role playing games to get a better understanding of your customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• Why would you want to work at AAA?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Portland, ME) in January 2017.

Interview

Process moved quickly. Received an email two days after I submitted my application for a phone interview. After the phone interview they sent me a personality quiz to take. From there I was called about a week later to set up an in person interview in front of a few management level employees. There was a two week gap between the phone interview and the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• All questions were to be answered in the STARs format. Example question: "Tell us about a time where you convinced someone to do something they initially were hesitant about."   1 Answer