American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Auto Travel Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I applied online. Then weeks later, I had a phone interview, then a one-on one interview, then a group interview, which consisted of two interviewers. All of the interviews were great. Unfortunately, every time I was told that I would hear back for a decision, I never did. So weeks later, I called and found out that they hired someone else who has sales experience. I was very hurt and disappointed at the time. However, at some point, I still want to work for AAA.

Interview Questions

• During my group interview, I was asked a situational question, which was how would I arrange one of the interviewer's trip.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA).

Interview

The interview took about 2-3 hours, you are asked a series of questions that relates to what you have experienced in previous jobs related to customer service, sales, ect. You will also role play a situation between the customer and you as a rep.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at a time where you had multiple things to do in a limited amount of time?   1 Answer

Member Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

15 min over the phone interview then an Hour interview with a manager and supervisor that consisted of a mock phone and computer run through and then behavioral questions. Interview was right before a holiday weekend so it took a little longer to hear back about whether or not I was going to be offered the position. Other than that, it was a quick and friendly experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Hiring process was straight forward. Received an email about the position and then was instructed to take a personality test. I then received a phone interview from a recruiter. Then was scheduled for an interview at the office. The lady I meet was my direct manager that I would report too. She had a lot of questions about my career goals, previous work history and then asked STAR questions. After being asked a ton of questions I was then instructed to go into another room where I was given AAA policy. I was instructed that I would receive a phone call from a customer(all pretend, she actually called me in the other room) and my goal was to give them a quote and try get them to purchase the policy. After that it was the waiting game but was able to meet with the district manager the 2nd day. He was very through and gaged my previous job experience and why I wanted to work for AAA. He also told me about the job in more depth. I made sure I asked him additional questions and why he enjoyed working for the company for so long. All and all it was great interview experience but took awhile to receive an offer. I did everything right, thank you emails, follow ups and phone calls. I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when a customer was upset or disagreed? How do did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well there's none because you get commission. So I didn't think to ask.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Online application process. Application process along with a resume and cover letter are required in applying for this company. Everything is processed online rather than in person. You must fill out an application along with your detailed resume with a cover letter or introduction letter.

Interview Questions

• Phone recording with details answers   1 Answer

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Grand Rapids, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived to the interview, checked in with the security guard, and was directed to sit down with another woman who was interviewing for the same position. First they had us take a map test, using Google Maps to find locations and such. I passed that, and was asked to sit back down and wait for a supervisor to come interview me. It took about 7 minutes for her to come up, she tried making small talk about the weather, and we went downstairs to begin the interview. She described the job then asked if I had any questions for her. I came prepared with questions, so I responded enthusiastically and got out my notebook with the questions I prepared. First question I asked was "what's your favorite part of this job?" She replied, "well.. I'm an interviewer?" Immediately after answering, she left to go assist one of her workers, leaving me for about 2 minutes. When she came back she answered my question and a few others I prepared, but she wasn't very inviting with them, I could tell she was getting annoyed, so I resisted asking her the rest. She said "are you done now? Can I actually interview you now?" I was absolutely shocked by the rudeness of this woman. We continued the interview, they were all S.T.A.R questions, relatively easy. At the end, she told me how difficult the job is, how high stress it is, and basically tried to convince me not to work there since it was so hectic. I told her I was prepared for what they had in store, and she told me they would contact me that week if I got the position. She remained sitting after I stood up to shake her hand, she gave me verbal directions on how to leave instead of showing me. All in all, I was extremely unimpressed by the whole interview process and by the attitude of the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you disagreed with an employer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to AAA and received a phone interview invitation 2 weeks later. The first interview was very laid back. The HR representative who interviewed me was very kind and made me feel very comfortable talking to them. I passed that interview, and then she prepared me for the role play scenarios that would be in the second phone interview with the branch supervisor. The second interview was the most thorough interview I've ever been on. It consisted of three role play scenarios, and behavioral assessment questions. I suggest having plenty of detailed stories filed away before the interview with the supervisor. The behavioral assessment questions are designed for STAR framework answers. Situation, Task, Action, and Results. After the interview I was told I'd be contacted within 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you disagreed with your past Boss, and what you did to create a better solution?   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Marietta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was the easy part. I applied online and the manager of a AAA Car Care Plus center called me in for an interview. Relatively easy questions about myself and past work experience. The drug screen came back quick but the background check takes at least 5 business and up to 10 come back. FYI they check for employment history.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that stands out about myself.   1 Answer

Negotiation

We negotiated some on pay. My manager was actually pushing for more pay from the regional guy. Based on my experience in the auto service field.

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two weeks. spoke with branch manager then went to main hq to interview with multiple branch managers after the personality test. The two managers I interviewed with were very laid back and I answered the questions well just wasnt given the job.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Emergency Roadside Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Long Beach, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

April 9th. Three days later, I received a confirmation email from the HR recruiter that I passed the exam. I was also sent a link to do a video interview based on role playing & previous job experiences. On April 14th, I received a call from the hiring supervisor to set up an face to face interview which I'd scheduled for April 21st at 10:30 am. I'd arrived 30 mins early, I checked in with security & was directed to the waiting room. Once I'd met with once of the supervisors, I was given a tour of the emergency roadside office & sat with one of the representatives while listening to their phone calls.

Interview Questions

• They pretty much wanted to know how I handled various situations & how I well I'd kept my composure during interactions with customers.   Answer Question