American Automobile Association (AAA) Member Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Omaha, NE).

Interview

AAA (Auto club group)have only 1 round interview with a supervisor. general questions.share your customer support experience. within 1-week confirmation call and offer, letter received.background check,drug screening will be parallel in the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

15 min over the phone interview then an Hour interview with a manager and supervisor that consisted of a mock phone and computer run through and then behavioral questions. Interview was right before a holiday weekend so it took a little longer to hear back about whether or not I was going to be offered the position. Other than that, it was a quick and friendly experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker, how did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (San Diego, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the aaa website,after 2 weeks they email me to schedule an face to face interview.the interview was at the friendly atmosphere with two supervisors.after two days they sent me an email regarding to the interview result and i could not go trough the next step which was a background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background and how could i get the members overall totally satisfaction and how would you close service calls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Costa Mesa, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

started with phone screen, then i was called in for a in person interview. once arrived they didn't tell me how long the process was going to be. it lasted for at least two hours. i met with three supervisors and each one gave me seniro questions and asked about myself and my background in customer service.

Interview Questions

• Sanrio questions were asked. what would i do if someone called and informed me that a loved one has passed away. a lot a " what would you do questions."   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Coppell, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

It was easy, interviewers were nice, questions were basic "tell me about a time when". Just go on YouTube and research interview questions. There was a skit asking 2 questions, they're looking for sympathy and empathy

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with your supervisor   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Lake Mary, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview went well then I had to come in for a face to face interview not to mention my interviewer was late and very rude. Didn't seem like she wanted to interview me at all and she also seemed like she didn't know what she was doing I felt very uncomfortable. after the 3 question was name a time you had to adjust to change I gave my answer of how I would have training very frequently and I had to adjust to new products and systems frequently and compared it to my previous job then she looked at the other said and said we need a moment came back and said we are done. I asked is there role play she said no I felt very disrespected for them being rude and not even giving me a chance I'm more than qualified for the position and would have made a great asset to the team( previous employment being inbound service and sales for a telelcommunication company) so I know for sure how to do the position but this expierence made me really wonder how they got in the door if there's always angry and unethical I feel like I deserve a new interviewer and they deserve to reevaluated .....worse interview I have ever expierenced AAA you need to find more friendly ppl for interviewing

Interview Questions

• They asked name a time you had to sacrifice quality for speed lol?

Name sonething you regret doing in a work place lol?

Name a time you had to adapt to change.( funny they ask you to use your previous work expierence but as soon I mentioned my previous employer and told them how similar they are they got upset and cut me off )
      Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in July 2014.

Interview

Found ad on Monster.com. Called and was advised to apply in person. Did so, and was contacted via phone for first interview. Next day received a callback for second interview with an HR rep. Received call back a week later and was offered the job. don't lie on your resume--they check with former employers!

Interview Questions

• What do you think will make you an asset to AAA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Town and Country, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Town and Country, MO) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview was pretty typical and the HR team was actually really nice. The only thing that I didn't like was that they require a hair drug test. I'll pee in a cup any day of the week, no problem! But they have to cut your hair at the root to get the sample and the lady that did mine screwed it up not once, but twice!! So, they had to cut my hair on THREE separate occasions .

Interview Questions

• Just typical questions of how well did you get along with your coworkers at other jobs, how do you think past experience could help you at this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Irving, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Had initial phone screen and went in for very detailed, 1-hour online test asking situational questions and attributes. After passing online test was invited to go in and meet regional director and another person at branch office for 1-hour interview. As final candidate, they asked me to go in to "see how it's done" for a couple of hours. After all that, received a standard email with generic wording about not getting the job. I called to clarify, as there were a couple of job openings, and HR representative was extremely rude and said I was no longer a fit for any of the positions.

Interview Questions

• The online test was actually more difficult than in-person interview, because you had to fit answers into the choices given.   Answer Question

Member Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted on the phone by one of the female managers. she wanted me to come in for an interview but requested that she ask a few standard protocol questions (kind of like a phone interview) before I was approved to come in person. She asked me why I want to work for AAA. What interested me in AAA? What do I like least about my current job and what do I like most about my current job. After those questions she asked me to come in for an interview at their main office. I was interviewed by her and two other managers. It seemed very serious and stiff at first. The one manager asked me many geographic questions related to South Jersey (what county is this town in, what road does that turn into?,etc) They are useful questions because as a member services representative you constantly are speaking to people broken down in areas that they have no idea where they are, so general knowlege of the south jersey area is essential. They asked me how I would sell something, How do I judge a client, and How would I address a member calling who was just in a car accident.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a member who is calling for roadside service and was just in a car accident?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with AAA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

AAA rarely seems to negotiate pay. I have a college degree and years of experience. I said I was looking in the 12-14/hr range and they would not budge from 10.00 per hour. The rate they pay member service representatives is very insulting compared to what the associates in other departments make, and associates in other departments do not need to deal with angry irate drivers and work late night hours.