American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

American Automobile Association (AAA) Interview Questions in Tampa, FL

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.2

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Auto Claim Representative BI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa Palms, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa Palms, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Typical claim adjuster interview, STAR format questions. They did get specific about UM and Bad Faith. Interview was relaxed, two hiring managers present. The recruiter did not follow up after the face to face interview I simply received a generic rejection email. I am surprised being very over qualified for the position. If you can contact someone via phone multiple times prior to the interview why can't you follow up with feedback via phone? These initial recruiters lack knowledge and courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Difference between stacked and non stacked UM? Three things that constitute bad faith?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Hiring process was straight forward. Received an email about the position and then was instructed to take a personality test. I then received a phone interview from a recruiter. Then was scheduled for an interview at the office. The lady I meet was my direct manager that I would report too. She had a lot of questions about my career goals, previous work history and then asked STAR questions. After being asked a ton of questions I was then instructed to go into another room where I was given AAA policy. I was instructed that I would receive a phone call from a customer(all pretend, she actually called me in the other room) and my goal was to give them a quote and try get them to purchase the policy. After that it was the waiting game but was able to meet with the district manager the 2nd day. He was very through and gaged my previous job experience and why I wanted to work for AAA. He also told me about the job in more depth. I made sure I asked him additional questions and why he enjoyed working for the company for so long. All and all it was great interview experience but took awhile to receive an offer. I did everything right, thank you emails, follow ups and phone calls. I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when a customer was upset or disagreed? How do did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well there's none because you get commission. So I didn't think to ask.

Accounting/Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted and application online, heard back within 2 days via email. Had an initial phone interview with a member of HR, she was very nice and took down all of our information. A week later she called back to set up a face-to-face interview with the Finance Manager and herself. They each had a list of questions they had to go over, which was company policy, other than that the interview was very conversational and positive. Overall a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What types of projects have you worked on that would prepare you for this role?   Answer Question
    • Explain something you have done in school or in your prior position that would help prepare you for this role?   Answer Question

Travel Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying via the company website, I received a call from a recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview ( 2 days later) the recruiter asked me basically why I was interested in AAA and gave an overview of the position. A day later I was called to set a time for a test and a face to face interview. The test took about an hour and the interview was with two managers with just basic interview questions. I was offered a position the next day. This process took two weeks total.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Tampa, FL) in July 2010.

Interview

AAA South is a very conservative and slow-moving company. The office is shabby (not surprising, as it is a nonprofit!). Everyone dresses up for work, although officially there's some type of relaxed business dress. Only a few years ago, women were forced to wear pantyhose to work if they wore skirts, and pants weren't allowed. So that should tell you a little something.

Some interviewers used canned behavior-based questions. (These were the two peer interviewers who fired questions at me for almost two hours.) Others just rambled about the company and the job. Still others asked a variety of miscellaneous questions. I met with a total of 8 people during the process.

I passed a phone screen with the recruiter, then had four onsite interviews with a variety of management, peers and senior leaders, and even came in on a Saturday to meet the CEO as his time was very limited. After all those meetings, and supplying a variety of work samples, I was VERY surprised when the recruiter called me to say that I didn't get the job. They had decided to repost the job and start all over with new candidates. I wonder how many other candidates they were stringing along.

I feel like they totally wasted my time, and they will never get my business.