American Automobile Association (AAA) Travel Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Automobile Association (AAA) Travel Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Travel Agent Interview

Interview

It is a very pretty straight forward process. Must complete the list of questions to see if you will fit in the company, a call interview, and then in person interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Automobile Association (AAA)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Marys, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Saint Marys, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

First received a telephone screening interview, then was contacted by the store manager at the branch where I applied. Face-to-face interview on Thursday, which went well. Now awaiting further news either way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AAA?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Avon, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

Hiring manager was nice but very deceptive in telling about " you can have ANY day off" & you will get commissions on top of your hourly wage.

Interview Questions

• Are you available for 6 months training & traveling.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

First applied online, and had an informational open house the next day. Got a call right after I applied online saying they wanted me to do a personality test that took quite a long time (maybe an hour if not more). Got a lot of great information during they open house, and after they got my test results in the next week I got a call for a formal interview with one person and 2 others over the phone. They also gave me a list of a few sales scenarios to choose from, and did one with the manager. They told me they loved me but that they wanted me to work in auto travel until the next training session because employees tend to do much better as a travel agent if they start in auto travel, but wanted to switch me very soon to the travel agent position. They told me this during the interview and I got an official call from HR offering the position a couple hours later. Since then I have filled out lots of paperwork for a background check and done a hair drug test.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an angry customer? How did you handle a situation when you couldn't do anything to directly help a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very kind, simple questions as if she was asking about potentially not knowing which office I would be in. Making sure I knew the training was a rigorous 3 month process and that I would not give up if it got hard.

Interview Questions

• If you felt that it was getting hard during the training process what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had a recruiter call me, she set up and appointment for me to meet with the branch manager. There were other candidates there, the job and pay was explained to us then you were taken in for an interview and if you were selected you were given the assessment test to take. The interview process was very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuart, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) (Stuart, FL) in April 2015.

Interview

I attended a presentation after which I was asked to put my name down if I was interested in applying for the job. The next day I was asked to take a personality test and after passing that I was asked to take a phone interview.

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in March 2015.

Interview

Someone from their human resources department called and asked a few questions, asking about my resume and experiences in college. A lot of questions were about my experience studying abroad and what that entailed. She explained the internship program in depth and asked if travel was a passion of mine.

Interview Questions

• Are you passionate about travel? What was it about AAA that made you want to apply?   Answer Question

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in December 2014.

Interview

Standard interview...no trick questions. Explained job, training, timeframes, benefits, vacation. Accrual. End result was that they would set up a 1 to 1 I interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation....base was set

Travel Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Automobile Association (AAA) in November 2014.

Interview

The process took 3 weeks, I applied online and did a long assessment. I received a call within a week for a phone interview. Simple questions about my background. Next step is a face to face interview at a AAA office, with two managers. I received the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you identify the right holiday for a client ?   Answer Question