American Axle & Manufacturing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Axle & Manufacturing

2.6

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

After meeting talent acquisition representatives at a career fair, I applied for a specific role online. Shortly after, was scheduled for an onsite interview with 2 people. After completion of the first interview, I was scheduled for an additional interview with wit two more people. From initial contact to final interview, the process was about 4 weeks. Feedback was given quickly and professionally at every step.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would make a great addition to our team?   2 Answers

Material Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

They paid for me driving round trip from my home to their plant, put me in a very nice hotel, they took me out to a very nice dinner, they gave me a tour of the plant. I have 5 people interview me throughout the whole process and each person had their own questions. One of the people that interviewed me ended up being my boss.\.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if two of my team members hated each other and could not get along?   2 Answers

Negotiation

The yearly salary was the biggest and most difficult to negotiate.

Materials Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Three Rivers, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Three Rivers, MI) in June 2013.

Interview

A very involved process that they employ so the only get the very best

Interview Questions

• What is your most significate accomplishment   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamtramck, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Hamtramck, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

Had a few email and phone conversations with the recruiting office and human resources to go over my resume and background. Was then brought onsite for a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager. The process from submitting a job application to getting an interview was very quick and efficient. I prepared like a I was going into a four-hour panel interview and in reality had a 15-20 minute discussion with the hiring manager. Overall, I left with a good impression of him and the company culture.

Interview Questions

• I would summarize the interviews as very informal and the supervisor was really trying to see if this role would be a great fit for myself and vice versa. No question was difficult at all and it was more of a back-and-forth conversation about how the role was developed and what the expectations were over the initial few months.   Answer Question

Senior Component Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Detroit, MI) in June 2018.

Interview

Put in my application online. A couple weeks later I received an email about wanting me to come in for an interview. I met with 3 managers, all who had openings in their group. They all asked basic interview questions. And a basic engineering problem to solve, to see my train of thought on how to solve. The interview lasted an hour. It was laid back and we had discussions about my experience. I was able to ask questions at the end.

Senior Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing in November 2009.

Interview

The initial screening with the recruiter went well. Then I got the face to face interview with the Manager which seemed to be a nice person.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was a good salary and I accepted.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Detroit, MI) in November 2018.

Interview

I had two rounds of interviews. The first was with the senior manager who is also the hiring manager. The second one was with the senior manager and the director. They focused on my leadership skills and technical background.

Interview Questions

• This job will have multiple things that fight for your attention. How would you handle that?   Answer Question

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamtramck, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Hamtramck, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

Spoke with human resources for a moment, and went directly into a meeting with lawyers. They seemed very nice, I would have liked to work there.

Interview Questions

• Background.   1 Answer
    • Something that happened in a work scenario in which I excelled.   1 Answer

Finance Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Process was quick and easy and took less than a month. I applied online off of their career page, had a phone interview/screening followed by 2 in person interview. I was interviewed by 3 different people on the team to see if i would mesh. Really enjoyed it.

IT Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Axle & Manufacturing (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called for interview. I heard they pay their interns very well. Interview questions were all behavioral. I didn't like the fact that they ignore you and don't even send you an email that you did not get the job. They just keep you waiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you couldn't solve a problem on your own? What did you do to get it done?   Answer Question