American Bar Association Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American Bar Association

2.7

Staff Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Washington, DC).

Interview

Two weeks after I applied, I was called for an interview. The interview took around 45 minutes. There was not a 'tell me about yourself" question. They straight went to the work and asked why do I want the position. They gave a few hypothesis related to the task the position requires.
    Overall, It went well and the interviewers were nice, to the point and professional.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to suggest annual strategy for the program.   Answer Question

Staff Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Bar Association.

Interview

I was contacted to interview for a staff attorney position and asked to come in and interview with the current staff members. It was an approximately 45 minute panel interview. I contacted them to thank them shortly after the interview and also followed up about a month later. No one ever responded or even sent me a form email to let me know the results of the process. I would have appreciated the courtesy of a response in some form.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with the fact that this position does not involve litigation?   1 Answer

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was quick and almost not worth the time to drive downtown. Nothing special and kind of robotic - HR just walking through the process. I felt like she was either tired or uninterested.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Program Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Bar Association.

Interview

The interview process was swift and easy. I was contacted for a phone interview a few weeks after applying online and was scheduled for an in person interview later the same week.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

Saw job on internet - received response in about 3 weeks - met with hiring unit for two days with different set of people in department - met with HR - hired 2 weeks after interviews

Interview Questions

• Project experience and how I handled hurdles in previous projects   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for online and the process took almost two months. First, be prepared to deal with an antiquated online application system. They really need to use an online application that was created in the 21st century. Two weeks after submitting my application, I received an email from a Program Associate requesting a phone interview (it took me over an hour to complete). The interview (on March 27, 2017) lasted for about 45 minutes and I thought it when well. I was told that I should hear from her in a week or maybe two. I followed up after not hearing any for two weeks--I also saw that they reposted the position. I did get an answer--the associated explained that they always repost positions until they are filled. I'm not sure if I believe that but I had a feeling that they were going to offer the position to another candidate. On May 4, 2017, I received a rejection email.

Senior Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Harlingen, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

I met with several senior staff and executive officers. They were all warm, kind, and generous with their time. I interviewed twice by phone and once in person. The in-person interview lasted approximately 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Washington, DC) in September 2009.

Interview

I applied for the position in maybe June or July of 2009. Interviewed with the Section Chair in September of 2009. The interview lasted for about an hour. Received a phone call from someone from HR asking if it was okay to have my references checked. Was offered the position the next day.

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

I was first interviewed by someone in human resources. She asked about my education and experience. After this first round of interviews, I interviewed with the hiring manager about a week later. The process was very organized and all documents that needed to be completed were provided as part of a packet.

Interview Questions

• After interviewing with the hiring manager, I was asked to review some primary sources for background. I was then asked to write a sample newsletter article and title using that background information.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Bar Association (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

I was disappointed in how the interview was handled. The 2 people interviewing me didn't seem interested in learning more about my skills/ qualifications, they appeared to have no experience in how to conduct an interview. They also never bothered to notify me if I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Please go over your resume and explain your experience.
      Do you have experience with contact management software?
      What are your three biggest strengths?
      How do you stay organized?   Answer Question