American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Interview Questions

Interviews at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)

2.5

1. Featured Interview

Surveyor II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Town (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) (Cape Town (South Africa)) in December 2018.

Interview

Telephonic interview due to currently being in different location on assignment. Interview started exactly on time. Interview procedure was very clearly explained and followed by all 3 participants.

Very professional interview with very pertinent questions which gave the clear impressions that my CV was closely studied.

Interview ended positvely and I was given the assurance that the outcome will be communicated within 2 weeks.

This survey for Glassdoor is completed within the 2 week period, so due to this I had to indicate that I have not yet received an offer.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Interview

On site, 5 individual interviewers. Normal questions/experience. Biggest problem is unresponsiveness of HR. After interview, waiting many months to hear back as directed. After a certain amount of time, myself and other candidates began having our calls/emails ignored and never got an answer back.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) (Houston, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. I applied online, and the next day I was called and scheduled an interview for the following day. I met with the team, and they were all friendly. I especially appreciated the hiring manager talking about his values and what he expects of the team (no drama) etc. I was offered a job on the spot!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) in November 2013.

Interview

I received an American Bureau of Shipping scholarship, and got an email to invite me to apply for their summer internship program the next semester. I applied online through the website attached. I got an offer without going through any interview process. I believe the website for scholarship program is different from general application website.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2014.

Interview

Since I won the scholarship provided by ABS, I just got a simple phone interview. It was simple and just go over my resume and make confirmation about my previous experience. And then they will do background check with previous companies.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS).

Interview

Get response after submit resume in couple of weeks. The process is efficient. overall good experience. the offer could wait couple of weeks to finalize. offer is less competitive.

Senior Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) (North Houston, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied through recruiting agency. The Agency sent my Resume To ABS Structural head.
    He looked at my resume and liked it. Within a few days I was asked to join the company.

Interview Questions

• I was not interviewed face to face. My supervisor asked me a few work related questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) (New Orleans, LA) in August 2015.

Interview

Contacted by a contractor on a Wednesday to set an interview date. Interview happened in the next 2 days. travel expenses to the interview were covered (taxis, and plane ticket (from Maryland to Louisiana)). Received positive feedback within an hour from the interview. Job offer made in 3 working days after the interview, and received a drug testing instructions in an approved clinic in my city with the full contract that needed to be scanned copy with a signature back to the sender on email, and mail the original copy to through the mail. Travel expenses and relocation provided with 15 days of meals allowance included.

Interview Questions

• What is you technical background?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with ABS rules of classification?   Answer Question
    • Explain the differences between Class and Statutory requirements for Vessel Surveys?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to relocate, and travel over 50% of the time?   Answer Question

Marine Surveyor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) in July 2012.

Interview

There was a phone interview and an in-person interview. The job offer was presented the day after the in-person interview. The entire interview process was about one week long. Started with the company the following week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you tackled challenging customers in your previous roles?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I never had an interview. I got hired through an agency. The recruiter asked me a few easy questions. Then a few months later i got an email with the job offer to start work. He asked if i was willing to work overseas and where i could work. He asked when i was available to start.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to start in may?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) (Beaumont, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a third party recruiting agency. They then scheduled me for an interview with a port principle. A day later I got a call asking about my previous salary and was told I got the job.

Interview Questions

• No questions were really asked other than the standard ones, note: it was obvious my resume wasn't even read since the answers were on the resume. Most of the interview was a conversation about the maritime industry.   Answer Question