American Cancer Society Cancer Information Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Cancer Information Specialist Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX).

Interview

Took approximately two weeks, and was called into to meet with a supervisor. They first have you sit with a call take for about 30 minutes to get a feel of what type of calls you will be taking. They then take you into an office for one on one.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest decision you've had to make in a prior position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society

Cancer Information Specialist Interview

Interview

Got a call the day after getting an application. Since I was living in Michigan, I was given 2 phone interviews, one with a recruiter, and one with an active supervisor. Talked over the job, some behavioral interview questions. Got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Give us a time when you worked with an angry customer and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a few days later did a phone screen. The next day I did a phone interview. The next step was to do an onsite interview with a manager and shadow a current specialist.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had several programs open at once on the computer?
      Tell me about a database you had to learn to use. How did you navigate? What were the challenges?
      Explain an interaction with a difficult customer?
      What was your most difficult day on the job?
      What attracted you to the American Cancer association?
      Answer Question

Offer too low.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Online application, phone interview, and then face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• One was that 'do you use a computer regularly?" and "explain an experience where a policy changed at your workplace"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a behavioral interview. Questions included, tell me a time when you exhibited leadership, or about a time you had to deal with many customers who were, and also tell me about a time when you had to be on the phone with customers. Some technology questions.

Interview Questions

• One of the technical questions, involved talking about something you had done recently on you computer that involved completing several tasks at once.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I requested a salary on the application, but was given a slightly lower amount in the offer letter.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Phone screening first, then face to face interview. Best to answer the typical situational questions in STAR format. Truthfully the interview process was so long ago I don't remember very many specifics. They will ask questions about dealing with upset customers and other situations like that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict between two coworkers   Answer Question