American Cancer Society Community Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.9

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Phone interview with questions relating to job description and talked about details of the position including travel and working odd hours. The interview was set up after I was contacted by email.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

It took about ten days to get the initial interview from the recruiter. It was very conversational based and relaxed. Described the position very well and excited me about the position. I've moved on to the next interview (phone with a senior community manager)

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate volunteers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Within 4 days received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. A week later received an email from a Senior Manager to schedule a second in person interview with two senior managers and myself.

I am still in the interview process and hoping to hear back from them within the week to find out if I got the position or not. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if two volunteers were having a conflict?
      Q: How would you go about scheduling your days?
      Q: How would you begin to build the relationships with volunteers in your territory?
      Q: Tell us about what you do now.
      Q: Why do you want this position?
      Q: Why American Cancer Society?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screening, followed by an in-person interview a week later. Phone screen was high-level, went over details of the job and reviewed my present and past employment. In-person was with 2 members of the team. Based on previous comments here I thought it would be all situational questions but it was more of an informal conversation about what my role would be, how my skills could transfer over and expectations for the role. All interviewers were friendly, open and great representatives for ACS. I appreciated that they were very up front about pay, expectations and had a very clear view of the role.

Interview Questions

• Why Making Strides? What do you know about our mission? How would you go about finding new partners in the community? How would you leverage social media to do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process include 3 different interviews: the first being a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by 2 in-person interviews with the supporting managers. Each in-person interview had multiple managers there to ask questions and provide input. The hiring manager was very direct with her timeline and followed up accordingly. My entire interview process took a total of 3 weeks, with 1 interview each week.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions - tell me about a time when ____.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in October 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by two on-site interviews with the hiring manager first, then two workers in the same level. Very friendly atmosphere, everyone made sure I was comfortable and understood all of the steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle unexpected situations that may arise in the field?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with Senior Manager and if you went on to the second round it was a phone interview (for me at least) with the Senior Director

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in September 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with HR, a phone interview with my Senior Manager, then a Zoom (like Skype) interview with my Senior Manager and Senior Director. Whole process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in charge of a budget, have you ever worked with volunteers, how would you handle an angry volunteer, where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me about yourself, do you have a pet, what do you like about our mission statement, do you have experience working with survivors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had to create an account to fill out resume and cover letter. Once I did this I was contacted via email through a recruiter for ACS. Set up phone interview.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in May 2016.

Interview

Application is straight forward and found online. It allows you to add not only your resume but any complimenting documents as well. Once your application is reviewed, you receive a phone call from a regional recruiter. That person conducts interview #1. Next you have an interview that may be phone, Skype, or in person depending on your location. Then you have the final interview that will also depend on your location to determine if it is phone, in person, or Skype. Interview #2 is the longest of the three.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experiences volunteering with Relay For Life or the American Cancer Society   Answer Question
    • Situational leadership questions. For example, what would you do in a situation where your volunteers were doing xyz?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was above what I had originally asked for so I accepted within 24 hours.