American Cancer Society Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Director Interview Questions

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in March 2011.

Interview

Everything was conducted via email, which I thought was a little rude and unprofessional. When the HR manager indicated interest in my resume, it was communicated via emails--several back and forth with questions about past work related experiences, providing examples, salary expectations etc. A phone call in addition would have been more professional.

The in-person interview was not much better. They discussed the position which did not match the description posted on their website. All local office positions MUST do a certain amount of fundraising for the organization. I wish they had clearly stated this practice. The position I interviewed for which was not fundraising related, still required fundraising work. During the interview, they mentioned 25% of time would be participating and actively engaging all professional contacts to raise money and participate in walks, galas, etc. I wish they had clearly stated this in the job description, I would not have applied and wasted their time.

Interview Questions

• Everyone must take part in fundraising events--especially during peak events season. Especially between the months of June and October. You must also engage all professional contacts to form teams for events, get their employees to participate and donate.   1 Answer

The job description posted didn't match the job described during the interview. Interviewer was only concerned about fundraising involvement rather than cancer, cancer patients and families.

Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society

Director Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in February 2011.

Interview

It varies based on hiring manager. Some will meet with you face to face, others will do a phone interview, still others do a list of emailed questions. The screening and process seems to be pretty random based on the hiring manager, but the interviews are not intimidating and everyone is fairly nice. However, I think they often go through the motions because they already know who they are going to hire before they interview.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in January 2009.

Interview

Very fair with no surprises.