American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

It took about ten days to get the initial interview from the recruiter. It was very conversational based and relaxed. Described the position very well and excited me about the position. I've moved on to the next interview (phone with a senior community manager)

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate volunteers?   1 Answer

Grass Roots Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

An initial phone screen, followed by an in-person interview. The process was quick and maybe took 2 weeks. Unfortunately, in the initial interview with the recruiter, he SPECIFICALLY said there was no fund raising as part of the position. When I got to the in-person interview, SURPRISE! There was. I don't find that to be professional in the slightest.

Senior Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

One on one interview in hiring manager's office. We sat at a table instead of across a desk. Very casual setting and feeling. Total elapsed time was around 90 minutes

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an account you successfully grew   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Within 4 days received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. A week later received an email from a Senior Manager to schedule a second in person interview with two senior managers and myself.

I am still in the interview process and hoping to hear back from them within the week to find out if I got the position or not. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if two volunteers were having a conflict?
      Q: How would you go about scheduling your days?
      Q: How would you begin to build the relationships with volunteers in your territory?
      Q: Tell us about what you do now.
      Q: Why do you want this position?
      Q: Why American Cancer Society?
      Answer Question

Donor Relations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in April 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with a recruiter. Took about 3 weeks longer than I was told to hear back. Invited to an in-person interview with Supervisor and Regional Director. Interview itself was fairly easy and laid-back, mostly them talking. I was told I would hear back from the recruiter within three days "either way", however I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Are you a self-starter?
      What do you know about American Cancer Society?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screening, followed by an in-person interview a week later. Phone screen was high-level, went over details of the job and reviewed my present and past employment. In-person was with 2 members of the team. Based on previous comments here I thought it would be all situational questions but it was more of an informal conversation about what my role would be, how my skills could transfer over and expectations for the role. All interviewers were friendly, open and great representatives for ACS. I appreciated that they were very up front about pay, expectations and had a very clear view of the role.

Interview Questions

• Why Making Strides? What do you know about our mission? How would you go about finding new partners in the community? How would you leverage social media to do so?   Answer Question

Division Office & Event Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY).

Interview

Wasted over a month of my life. Had two "phone interviews" actually, they are just screenings. The third is an in person interview. Person forgot I was even coming and was on her way out when I walked in after she had already rescheduled the interview once. After a five minute interview (since she was leaving), I got a rejection email a week later. Thanks for wasting my time for almost two months. SO unprofessional.

Cancer Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3-week long process. Typing test. Phone interview. And face to face interview with a mid-level employee. The phone interview and face to face interview utilize the STAR (situation, task, action, response) method and are pretty difficult interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time something good came from something you suggested or created?   1 Answer
    • Explain what experience you have with using a database and two computer screens at once?   Answer Question

Program Manager, Mission Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Mishawaka, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

An personally-known employee advised me to apply online and set me up with an initial interview. After applying online, I received a phone call with two weeks to schedule the first interview. The first interview was a 40-minute phone conversation with a recruiter (Senior Manager) from a NY location. The interview went very well and was in touch by email of the available times for a second phone interview with a recruiting office in Chicago. This phone interview went very well and was told I would be contacted two days later to schedule the panel discussion with local recruiters and other managers. I never received this notification. I emailed the 2nd recruiter and did not get any response back. I contacted the local ACS office and was directed to the Chicago office to leave a message for the Chicago recruiter to contact me to give me an answer of what was going on. Again, zero response. I asked the employee who referred me to the positions and was told to reapply online because the application was not yet received -- which was very odd to me given I had proof of completion and sent it. It was not until 3 months later that I received a response from a different person regarding that other candidates were selected for the position. It baffled my mind on why the process did not move forward after such a promising interview with the Senior Director in Chicago. It was very unprofessional the way this was handled. If you're not initially interested in moving forward, just let the candidate know immediately instead of dragging it on for MONTHS.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had managing volunteers for large events?   1 Answer

Education & Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Five step process beginning with a phone interview, then a video interview, next a department interview (one on one), followed by a 200 question psych question personality exam, then a small group interview (3 people) and finally a large panel interview (15 people) done round robin style after the candidate gives a 20 minute presentation and turns in a lengthy report to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Do a 20 minute presentation on traveling on a budget, and do assessment of evaluation forms from a previous presentation looking for margin of error and average criterion. Write a report shedding insight to the findings of such figures.   1 Answer