American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

2 phones, 1 in person. Very conversational and willing to answer all questions without making you look/feel uncomfortable. Explain the structure of their staff and all the ins and outs of ACS.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience in nonprofits   1 Answer

Division Office & Event Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY).

Interview

Wasted over a month of my life. Had two "phone interviews" actually, they are just screenings. The third is an in person interview. Person forgot I was even coming and was on her way out when I walked in after she had already rescheduled the interview once. After a five minute interview (since she was leaving), I got a rejection email a week later. Thanks for wasting my time for almost two months. SO unprofessional.

Volunteer Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was really informative. They did most of the talking in my case. They were very kind and helpful. After applying, there's a lot of email exchanges and eventuallly they asked me for a phone interview. A tip I would suggest is to take a lot of notes to keep track of all the info being thrown at you so you can have an idea of what kind of questions you would want to ask. The interview itself lasted about an hour so it's good to jot down things you would to remember for later.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with Senior Manager and if you went on to the second round it was a phone interview (for me at least) with the Senior Director

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume via email, had a phone interview scheduled the next day. They called my references after that and offered me the job. The interview was over the phone with the director of the department and several other supervisors who were looking for research assistants.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Phone interview was quick and once passed then you take a typing test. You have to pass the typing test and provide 3 professional references before being scheduled for an on-site interview. Was told to allow about 2 and half hours for the interview. I arrived early, HR reps took me back late. You get a tour and then sit with an Amabssador and listen to live calls. Then you go a private room and are interviewed by one of the Team Supervisors. When done, HR rep comes back in to wrap it all up, provides you a packet with ID requirements, benefit package, and overview of the company.

Health Systems Manager, Hospitals Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I was offered a phone interview via email. About 1 week after the first phone interview, I was offered a second phone interview. I was told that in about 1 week I would receive a decision whether or not they wanted to proceed with a third interview in person. Instead of the third interview, I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you had to manage a conflict between 2 volunteers."

All of the interview questions were situational/scenario based. Very straightforward.
      Answer Question

Education & Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Five step process beginning with a phone interview, then a video interview, next a department interview (one on one), followed by a 200 question psych question personality exam, then a small group interview (3 people) and finally a large panel interview (15 people) done round robin style after the candidate gives a 20 minute presentation and turns in a lengthy report to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Do a 20 minute presentation on traveling on a budget, and do assessment of evaluation forms from a previous presentation looking for margin of error and average criterion. Write a report shedding insight to the findings of such figures.   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had to create an account to fill out resume and cover letter. Once I did this I was contacted via email through a recruiter for ACS. Set up phone interview.

Health Systems Manager, Hospitals Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Phone Interview - I called her at a specified time prepared to interview. She was finishing lunch, and had me on speakerphone, although I don't believe any one else was there. This did make it difficult to hear her questions to me, though. The interview lasted 45 min., and I was told I would hear back one way or another within a week. I never heard back from them and the position is still vacant, so I guess I didn't get hired.

Interview Questions

• What was one time where you had to think out of the box?   Answer Question