American Cancer Society Community Manager- Distinguished Events Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Community Manager- Distinguished Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Corpus Christi, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I first applied online and recieved a robo-email telling me they were moving forward with someone else just a few days later. Then, a few weeks later, I got a call from the regional office representative, asking to set up an in-person interview. The interview was easy enough and pretty short. (45 min) They kept me in the waiting area for 20 min. I wasn't sure I really wanted to take the pay cut for the job, and perhaps they sensed that because I didn't ask as many questions as I would have typically. Less than 4 hours after my interview, they called and asked to set up a second interview. The day they asked me to come in was not possible for me, but I let them know I had openings the rest of the week. She told me she would call back and set something up once she got a handle on everyone's schedule. Instead, I recieved a call from her a week after my first interview, telling me they had hired for the spot. I thought it was incredibly unprofessional to reach out to someone for a second interview, have only a 2-day notice for what day you wanted it to be held and have no flexibility for that, and then not follow through.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a volunteer with a vision for an event that wasn't realistic   Answer Question
  • How would you bring in new volunteers   Answer Question