American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 1, 2017

2.8

Education & Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Five step process beginning with a phone interview, then a video interview, next a department interview (one on one), followed by a 200 question psych question personality exam, then a small group interview (3 people) and finally a large panel interview (15 people) done round robin style after the candidate gives a 20 minute presentation and turns in a lengthy report to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Do a 20 minute presentation on traveling on a budget, and do assessment of evaluation forms from a previous presentation looking for margin of error and average criterion. Write a report shedding insight to the findings of such figures.   1 Answer

Marketing and Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

When I first got the call after I applied, they said the first interview would be over the phone - so we set up a time/day to do so. First phone interview went well (lasted about 15-20 minutes), said they would like to continue interview in person.
    Went in for second interview, first in person - went well, everyone was nice, he introduced me to most of the employees, and showed me where my potential office might be (I felt really good about getting the job!)
    Called me back the next day to say they wanted to do another in person interview with the area director who would be in town. Went in for THIRD interview, everything went well - lots of questions about what kind of person I am, and wanted every detail of all sales experience I had.
    Called me back a couple days later saying they wanted to do another interview, this time with several people in the office. By this time, I was really losing patience - either you want me or you don't!
    Went in for FOURTH interview, went well. Same questions, just asked differently just like I felt how the other interviews went.
    Call back a few days later, saying a different area director was in town and wanted to meet me. Went in and met with her, things went well - pretty short interview, and I don't blame her I'm not sure what other info anyone could squeeze out of me.
    Called me back a couple days later and did what was basically another phone interview. I didn't even care about the job anymore by this point, I felt like I was in an horrible relationship and I couldn't break up with the person or something.
    Called me back again a couple days later and finally said that they didn't think I was right for the job because I didn't have enough sales experience. I nearly had a nuclear meltdown - I told them from the beginning I barely had any sales experience so I'm not sure what they were doing wasting their time and my time by doing SIX interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked me many times what I would do if one of the cancer patients/survivors started clinging to me and wanting to be my friend or be able to call me personally.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Tampa, FL) in September 2012.

Interview

Very comprehensive, controlled, on time and professional. Multi stage over 4 months. Felt a little like overkill but I thought they did a good job of presenting exactly what the job was and how I would be evaluated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deliver difficult information to another person or group. How did you go about it?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Great let me ask as many questions as needed. Kind of difficult wanted specific stories to back up answers to questions they asked. Very supportive company and really helps with anything you need. My overall experience was great very positive environment.

Community Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview was long - it lasted a full hour. The questions were abstract and many of them were situational questions that seemed completely unrelated to the position. Many of the questions were also open-ended, prompting you to give an examples of how you respond to different instances. It was extremely vague and some of the questions were unclear.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

first was a phone interview, next was an in person interview with the local manager, the top 2 candidates from the in person interviews then go to the final phone interview

Interview Questions

• they like to ask questions regarding situations...."Name a time when...." Be sure to know your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Primary Care Manager, Health Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Wilmington, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview within 3 weeks of submitting the e-application. Two separate in-person interviews at the ACS local office, then a conference call in the local office. Seems like the "leadership" travels quite a bit so even though I was onsite at the ACS local office I was on a conference call line with a couple members of the interview team ... and other members were sitting in the room with me. Very in-dept interview process

Interview Questions

• What was your experience/knowledge working with FQHCs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a lot of negotiation ... the offer was a bit high than I expected ... so I said yes!!

Director of Special Events Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the national office. It was behavioral questions. Then had an in person interview in front of 3 current employees. Lastly, I had to give a half an hour presentation to three other employees on a project I would start for Relay For Life. The interview process took 2 months.

Specialist, Relay for Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Southfield, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

phone call interview, 2 person interview and then a panel interview with 3+ individuals. There are a lot of what if questions and the need for further explanation and development of ideas. The panel interview required the development of several situational documents.

Specialist, Relay for Life Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in November 2014.

Interview

They contacted me via email and phone to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview they ask about 40-50 questions back to back that you have to answer somewhat quickly and there is no break in between. They are rapid fire, situational interview style questions. It felt like the majority of the questions had to do with managing volunteers.

Interview Questions

• You have a volunteer who is very passionate about helping in a particular role, but their talents are not suited for that role. What would you do?   Answer Question
    • Your volunteers were very excited about raising the amount of money they raised during an event, but they felt short of the goal. How do you communicate this news to them?   Answer Question