American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

2.8

Community Representative Interview

Interview

Phone interview: asking questions about my past experiences in resume and some behavioral questions about how to handle volunteers and new event managers

Income Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Phone interview
    Face to Face Interview with 2 staff members

Updated hiring process:
    Online questionnaire, if you "pass" you get pushed through to the next interview process
    Then from there they record you in a phone interview
    Then a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions: STAR: Must be prepared to answer questions with a situation, the task you took, the action and the result

Be prepared to answer "sales" questions and volunteer management questions for the income development positions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a salary over the phone, negotiated

Income Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

It was a strange interview process. First, I was given a test on the computer. It was on management situations. Then I had a phone interview and the questions were exactly the same as the computer test. The person asking the questions never asked for clarification. She said she was just trying to get the "feeling" of my response and that it did not have to be a long answer.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions seemed like you needed to be in the situation to understand.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Had to go through 6 interviews before I got the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Interview

Very responsive! Lots of situational questions

Interview Questions

• It is sometimes difficult to answer certain situational questions since the structure of the organization is unfamiliar   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make it personal!

Specialist, Relay for Life Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got an email the next day requesting me to take a candidate questionnaire. The questionnaire was all multiple choice questions asking how you would deal with volunteers and chair members in various circumstances to assess your work style. The answer choices were a little limited or sometimes two answers would have worked for the same volunteer. I would have preferred a short answer survey to customize my responses but I suppose its much faster to sift through multiple choice answers.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all along the same lines - just testing your leaderships skills in various settings.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Long interview process - phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, panel interview, then finally an offer. Took two to three weeks for the process and lots of awkward moments at former job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us instead of another nonprofit?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Able to negotiate, would definitely not just accept first offer.

Community Representative Interview

Interview

Set up interview via email. I was called by interviewer and asked a number of questions. Interview was recorded.

Interview Questions

• Difficult questions about how one motivates others and about cultural issues and motivation   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Relay for Life Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Interview

They start with a phone interview asking questions about your management style. If you are selected, you have an in-person interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Very vague questions over the phone so it was hard to answer because there are so many possible answes   Answer Question

Event Intern Interview

Interview

I sent in my resume and cover letter and was contacted within a week asking to meet in person. It was very informal and friendly, I met with a communications head and the events head.