American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in September 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with HR, a phone interview with my Senior Manager, then a Zoom (like Skype) interview with my Senior Manager and Senior Director. Whole process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in charge of a budget, have you ever worked with volunteers, how would you handle an angry volunteer, where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me about yourself, do you have a pet, what do you like about our mission statement, do you have experience working with survivors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screening, followed by an in-person interview a week later. Phone screen was high-level, went over details of the job and reviewed my present and past employment. In-person was with 2 members of the team. Based on previous comments here I thought it would be all situational questions but it was more of an informal conversation about what my role would be, how my skills could transfer over and expectations for the role. All interviewers were friendly, open and great representatives for ACS. I appreciated that they were very up front about pay, expectations and had a very clear view of the role.

Interview Questions

• Why Making Strides? What do you know about our mission? How would you go about finding new partners in the community? How would you leverage social media to do so?   Answer Question

Donor Relations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in April 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with a recruiter. Took about 3 weeks longer than I was told to hear back. Invited to an in-person interview with Supervisor and Regional Director. Interview itself was fairly easy and laid-back, mostly them talking. I was told I would hear back from the recruiter within three days "either way", however I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Are you a self-starter?
      What do you know about American Cancer Society?
      Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

It took about ten days to get the initial interview from the recruiter. It was very conversational based and relaxed. Described the position very well and excited me about the position. I've moved on to the next interview (phone with a senior community manager)

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate volunteers?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in February 2013.

Interview

asked all the standard questions, no surprises here. Very helpful and professional. Job descriptions have so many bullet points that one can't easily arrive at what one could truthfullly accomplish in a regular work week.

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (East Lansing, MI) in July 2013.

Interview

A team of employers interviewing potential employees to find out if they are comfortable at communicating appropriately with customers as well as supervisors and co workers. They were interested in knowing if the potential employee could process the information correctly and with what kind of limitations if any.

Interview Questions

• Professionalism was always a top requirement in order to succeed in that company   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Apply online, several forms to fill out, upload resume. Recruit calls and screens you if your qualifications appear to match - note that education and experience are really requirements.

Interview Questions

• They validate your education, ensure that you will pass a background check and physically can do the job - commute, travel if required, work from home if appropriate, and can back up the requirements you have on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Within 4 days received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. A week later received an email from a Senior Manager to schedule a second in person interview with two senior managers and myself.

I am still in the interview process and hoping to hear back from them within the week to find out if I got the position or not. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if two volunteers were having a conflict?
      Q: How would you go about scheduling your days?
      Q: How would you begin to build the relationships with volunteers in your territory?
      Q: Tell us about what you do now.
      Q: Why do you want this position?
      Q: Why American Cancer Society?
      Answer Question

Senior Corporate Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

One on one interview in hiring manager's office. We sat at a table instead of across a desk. Very casual setting and feeling. Total elapsed time was around 90 minutes

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an account you successfully grew   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process include 3 different interviews: the first being a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by 2 in-person interviews with the supporting managers. Each in-person interview had multiple managers there to ask questions and provide input. The hiring manager was very direct with her timeline and followed up accordingly. My entire interview process took a total of 3 weeks, with 1 interview each week.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions - tell me about a time when ____.   Answer Question