American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Within 4 days received an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter. A week later received an email from a Senior Manager to schedule a second in person interview with two senior managers and myself.

I am still in the interview process and hoping to hear back from them within the week to find out if I got the position or not. Fingers crossed!

Interview Questions

• Q: What would you do if two volunteers were having a conflict?
      Q: How would you go about scheduling your days?
      Q: How would you begin to build the relationships with volunteers in your territory?
      Q: Tell us about what you do now.
      Q: Why do you want this position?
      Q: Why American Cancer Society?   Answer Question

Donor Relations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in April 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview with a recruiter. Took about 3 weeks longer than I was told to hear back. Invited to an in-person interview with Supervisor and Regional Director. Interview itself was fairly easy and laid-back, mostly them talking. I was told I would hear back from the recruiter within three days "either way", however I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Are you a self-starter?
      What do you know about American Cancer Society?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

30 minute phone screening, followed by an in-person interview a week later. Phone screen was high-level, went over details of the job and reviewed my present and past employment. In-person was with 2 members of the team. Based on previous comments here I thought it would be all situational questions but it was more of an informal conversation about what my role would be, how my skills could transfer over and expectations for the role. All interviewers were friendly, open and great representatives for ACS. I appreciated that they were very up front about pay, expectations and had a very clear view of the role.

Interview Questions

• Why Making Strides? What do you know about our mission? How would you go about finding new partners in the community? How would you leverage social media to do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process include 3 different interviews: the first being a phone interview with the recruiter, followed by 2 in-person interviews with the supporting managers. Each in-person interview had multiple managers there to ask questions and provide input. The hiring manager was very direct with her timeline and followed up accordingly. My entire interview process took a total of 3 weeks, with 1 interview each week.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions - tell me about a time when ____.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

2 phones, 1 in person. Very conversational and willing to answer all questions without making you look/feel uncomfortable. Explain the structure of their staff and all the ins and outs of ACS.

Interview Questions

• Previous work experience in nonprofits   1 Answer

Coordinator, Community Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Harrisburg, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted within a few days by a recruiter. She asked a few basic question and let me know the pay and said she would pass my name off to my potential supervisor. A week later I had a phone interview with my potential supervisor. A week after that a had an in person interview at the location I would be working at with some of the people there. All around, it was a pretty quick and painless experience. The interview questions weren't too bad.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about looking to gain more office volunteers?   Answer Question

Division Office & Event Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY).

Interview

Wasted over a month of my life. Had two "phone interviews" actually, they are just screenings. The third is an in person interview. Person forgot I was even coming and was on her way out when I walked in after she had already rescheduled the interview once. After a five minute interview (since she was leaving), I got a rejection email a week later. Thanks for wasting my time for almost two months. SO unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in November 2016.

Interview

The interview was really informative. They did most of the talking in my case. They were very kind and helpful. After applying, there's a lot of email exchanges and eventuallly they asked me for a phone interview. A tip I would suggest is to take a lot of notes to keep track of all the info being thrown at you so you can have an idea of what kind of questions you would want to ask. The interview itself lasted about an hour so it's good to jot down things you would to remember for later.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in October 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by two on-site interviews with the hiring manager first, then two workers in the same level. Very friendly atmosphere, everyone made sure I was comfortable and understood all of the steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle unexpected situations that may arise in the field?   Answer Question

Cancer Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3-week long process. Typing test. Phone interview. And face to face interview with a mid-level employee. The phone interview and face to face interview utilize the STAR (situation, task, action, response) method and are pretty difficult interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time something good came from something you suggested or created?   1 Answer
    • Explain what experience you have with using a database and two computer screens at once?   Answer Question