American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2017

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Great let me ask as many questions as needed. Kind of difficult wanted specific stories to back up answers to questions they asked. Very supportive company and really helps with anything you need. My overall experience was great very positive environment.

Information Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a currently open position a few months back. The woman who was in contact with me was very kind and friendly. I applied but unfortunately the start date didn't work with my prior commitments. She told me to look out online for a position opening within the next weeks from the time of our conversations. When I saw the posting it had already been up for a few days (I hadn't seen it as I was going through graduation motions). I applied but in the end I never heard back. I guess I never fully went through the interview process as I only got one call after the first application that ended when the start date didn't work with my time frame. I was somewhat disappointed as I thought after all the contact there would have at least been a call for the second application I submitted.

Interview Questions

• Does the start date work for you   1 Answer

Market Recruiter/Fundraising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

They just told me about the job. Basically, I sold myself by incorporate their need with my experience since to questions were asked. I should have known it might be weird working there since their interview was weak.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to the 6 months and not miss work?   1 Answer

Community Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview was long - it lasted a full hour. The questions were abstract and many of them were situational questions that seemed completely unrelated to the position. Many of the questions were also open-ended, prompting you to give an examples of how you respond to different instances. It was extremely vague and some of the questions were unclear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of an initial phone call, followed by a 45 minute phone interview, and then an in house interview with the hiring manager. The in house interview also included a tour of the call center, a side-by-side with an existing employee and the interview itself. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and clear about the day to day of the job.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict in the workplace or with a customer?   Answer Question

I declined as I was looking for a position with more growth opportunities. I completely respect the organization and the important work they do and would be interested if other opportunities with more growth arise later!

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Lengthy but it felt like once I was in, I could move around. Two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The interview felt informal as it was the end of the day on a Friday. It wasn't the most professional interview I've had. Managers aren't really trained with proper supervisory techniques and don't necessarily know how to interview for candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I could handle travel. The role is like a sales rep position without the perks.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

first was a phone interview, next was an in person interview with the local manager, the top 2 candidates from the in person interviews then go to the final phone interview

Interview Questions

• they like to ask questions regarding situations...."Name a time when...." Be sure to know your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process. Shadowed an employee for about 30 minutes then went into a interview with the hiring manager. Total of 9 situational questions. Use the STAR method to answer the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call asking if I was available to speak for a bit and we talked about qualifying and disqualifying questions such as: what salary range are you looking for?" (pretty standard). THEN we scheduled a phone interview; an assessment followed (typing test); and then the onsite interview with a recruiter and the department manager (it is a call-center job).

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or in a team environment?
      Why are you interested in this company?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

This was a long process of multiple phone interviews with various people then an in person interview with two people. The questions were not too hard but the waiting to hear back was.