American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2017

2.8

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in October 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview followed by two on-site interviews with the hiring manager first, then two workers in the same level. Very friendly atmosphere, everyone made sure I was comfortable and understood all of the steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle unexpected situations that may arise in the field?   Answer Question

Cancer Resource Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

3-week long process. Typing test. Phone interview. And face to face interview with a mid-level employee. The phone interview and face to face interview utilize the STAR (situation, task, action, response) method and are pretty difficult interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time something good came from something you suggested or created?   1 Answer
    • Explain what experience you have with using a database and two computer screens at once?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

First there was a phone interview with Senior Manager and if you went on to the second round it was a phone interview (for me at least) with the Senior Director

Program Manager, Mission Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mishawaka, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Mishawaka, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

An personally-known employee advised me to apply online and set me up with an initial interview. After applying online, I received a phone call with two weeks to schedule the first interview. The first interview was a 40-minute phone conversation with a recruiter (Senior Manager) from a NY location. The interview went very well and was in touch by email of the available times for a second phone interview with a recruiting office in Chicago. This phone interview went very well and was told I would be contacted two days later to schedule the panel discussion with local recruiters and other managers. I never received this notification. I emailed the 2nd recruiter and did not get any response back. I contacted the local ACS office and was directed to the Chicago office to leave a message for the Chicago recruiter to contact me to give me an answer of what was going on. Again, zero response. I asked the employee who referred me to the positions and was told to reapply online because the application was not yet received -- which was very odd to me given I had proof of completion and sent it. It was not until 3 months later that I received a response from a different person regarding that other candidates were selected for the position. It baffled my mind on why the process did not move forward after such a promising interview with the Senior Director in Chicago. It was very unprofessional the way this was handled. If you're not initially interested in moving forward, just let the candidate know immediately instead of dragging it on for MONTHS.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had managing volunteers for large events?   1 Answer

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Submitted my resume via email, had a phone interview scheduled the next day. They called my references after that and offered me the job. The interview was over the phone with the director of the department and several other supervisors who were looking for research assistants.

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in September 2016.

Interview

Had 2 phone interviews with HR, a phone interview with my Senior Manager, then a Zoom (like Skype) interview with my Senior Manager and Senior Director. Whole process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in charge of a budget, have you ever worked with volunteers, how would you handle an angry volunteer, where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell me about yourself, do you have a pet, what do you like about our mission statement, do you have experience working with survivors   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had to create an account to fill out resume and cover letter. Once I did this I was contacted via email through a recruiter for ACS. Set up phone interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Phone interview was quick and once passed then you take a typing test. You have to pass the typing test and provide 3 professional references before being scheduled for an on-site interview. Was told to allow about 2 and half hours for the interview. I arrived early, HR reps took me back late. You get a tour and then sit with an Amabssador and listen to live calls. Then you go a private room and are interviewed by one of the Team Supervisors. When done, HR rep comes back in to wrap it all up, provides you a packet with ID requirements, benefit package, and overview of the company.

Health Systems Manager, Hospitals Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I was offered a phone interview via email. About 1 week after the first phone interview, I was offered a second phone interview. I was told that in about 1 week I would receive a decision whether or not they wanted to proceed with a third interview in person. Instead of the third interview, I was offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you had to manage a conflict between 2 volunteers."

All of the interview questions were situational/scenario based. Very straightforward.   Answer Question

Education & Implementation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Five step process beginning with a phone interview, then a video interview, next a department interview (one on one), followed by a 200 question psych question personality exam, then a small group interview (3 people) and finally a large panel interview (15 people) done round robin style after the candidate gives a 20 minute presentation and turns in a lengthy report to the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Do a 20 minute presentation on traveling on a budget, and do assessment of evaluation forms from a previous presentation looking for margin of error and average criterion. Write a report shedding insight to the findings of such figures.   1 Answer