American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.8

Relay Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

FIrst there is an online quiz, then a phone interview with someone from HR, then a phone or in-person interview with the hiring manager. HR will call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you disagreed with someone and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Community Manager-Relay for Life Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in June 2016.

Interview

I suppose it was easy. I applied online and 2 weeks later I got a call from HR saying they wanted to conduct a phone interview to tell me more about the job and get some info about me. They also sent an email with youtube links showing their Relay for Life events.

My phone interview was pretty straight forward, an HR Recruiter conducted it, just told me what the Community manager did, asked me if I was okay working certain hours, traveling a lot 3x out of the week, cold calling, if I had any fundraising experience, expected salary range, etc those kind of things.

After the interview, I was told they would forward my info to the Hiring Manager, but was alerted the next day I didn't make it to the next round(which would've been an in person interview).

I' am thankful they didn't leave me hanging in the dark hence why I gave them a positive interview.
    I think its so rude if one can dedicate 30mins filling out online forms, making cover letters, and not hear a peep if they failed or not.

Interview Questions

• Describe your fund raising experience and how much money did you raise?
      How would you handle two volunteers that got into it because each wanted to do their own thing?
      How many volunteers did you manage?
      How would you go about creating a fund raising event? (I thought I didn't have to do event planning..)   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Long process. Nearly one month between online application and first interview. Four overall interviews including two via phone and two in person. Fourth interview was panel interview. As long as you know the role and have a background to contribute, the process is straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about providing examples of experience. Discuss a time when you...   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

After sending my resume in response to an online posting, I received an email to set up a phone interview. During the interview I was told what the next steps would be and a time frame. Within that (relatively) short time frame, I was contacted to arrange an in-person meeting. At that meeting I was told I would be hearing from them, and within a week or so I did, setting up a second in-person interview. At that interview, I was told (very apologetically) that I would be asked to come in for a third interview. That happened quickly and an offer was made to me within a few days.

Interview Questions

• How I would distinguish this organization from other, similar organizations.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in May 2016.

Interview

Application is straight forward and found online. It allows you to add not only your resume but any complimenting documents as well. Once your application is reviewed, you receive a phone call from a regional recruiter. That person conducts interview #1. Next you have an interview that may be phone, Skype, or in person depending on your location. Then you have the final interview that will also depend on your location to determine if it is phone, in person, or Skype. Interview #2 is the longest of the three.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past experiences volunteering with Relay For Life or the American Cancer Society   Answer Question
    • Situational leadership questions. For example, what would you do in a situation where your volunteers were doing xyz?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was above what I had originally asked for so I accepted within 24 hours.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes, face to face interview lasted about an hour with a Senior Representative as well as with the current Program Manager, waiting to hear the outcome of the interview. Overall it was a relaxed experience

Interview Questions

• How to handle someone who is not following organization policy.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Great let me ask as many questions as needed. Kind of difficult wanted specific stories to back up answers to questions they asked. Very supportive company and really helps with anything you need. My overall experience was great very positive environment.

Information Delivery Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted for a currently open position a few months back. The woman who was in contact with me was very kind and friendly. I applied but unfortunately the start date didn't work with my prior commitments. She told me to look out online for a position opening within the next weeks from the time of our conversations. When I saw the posting it had already been up for a few days (I hadn't seen it as I was going through graduation motions). I applied but in the end I never heard back. I guess I never fully went through the interview process as I only got one call after the first application that ended when the start date didn't work with my time frame. I was somewhat disappointed as I thought after all the contact there would have at least been a call for the second application I submitted.

Interview Questions

• Does the start date work for you   1 Answer

Market Recruiter/Fundraising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

They just told me about the job. Basically, I sold myself by incorporate their need with my experience since to questions were asked. I should have known it might be weird working there since their interview was weak.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to the 6 months and not miss work?   1 Answer

Community Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview was long - it lasted a full hour. The questions were abstract and many of them were situational questions that seemed completely unrelated to the position. Many of the questions were also open-ended, prompting you to give an examples of how you respond to different instances. It was extremely vague and some of the questions were unclear.