American Cancer Society Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.8

Market Recruiter/Fundraising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Las Vegas, NV) in April 2016.

Interview

They just told me about the job. Basically, I sold myself by incorporate their need with my experience since to questions were asked. I should have known it might be weird working there since their interview was weak.

Interview Questions

• Can you commit to the 6 months and not miss work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of an initial phone call, followed by a 45 minute phone interview, and then an in house interview with the hiring manager. The in house interview also included a tour of the call center, a side-by-side with an existing employee and the interview itself. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and clear about the day to day of the job.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict in the workplace or with a customer?   Answer Question

I declined as I was looking for a position with more growth opportunities. I completely respect the organization and the important work they do and would be interested if other opportunities with more growth arise later!

Community Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview was long - it lasted a full hour. The questions were abstract and many of them were situational questions that seemed completely unrelated to the position. Many of the questions were also open-ended, prompting you to give an examples of how you respond to different instances. It was extremely vague and some of the questions were unclear.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

Lengthy but it felt like once I was in, I could move around. Two phone interviews and one in-person interview. The interview felt informal as it was the end of the day on a Friday. It wasn't the most professional interview I've had. Managers aren't really trained with proper supervisory techniques and don't necessarily know how to interview for candidates.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I could handle travel. The role is like a sales rep position without the perks.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

first was a phone interview, next was an in person interview with the local manager, the top 2 candidates from the in person interviews then go to the final phone interview

Interview Questions

• they like to ask questions regarding situations...."Name a time when...." Be sure to know your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process. Shadowed an employee for about 30 minutes then went into a interview with the hiring manager. Total of 9 situational questions. Use the STAR method to answer the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call asking if I was available to speak for a bit and we talked about qualifying and disqualifying questions such as: what salary range are you looking for?" (pretty standard). THEN we scheduled a phone interview; an assessment followed (typing test); and then the onsite interview with a recruiter and the department manager (it is a call-center job).

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or in a team environment?
      Why are you interested in this company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

This was a long process of multiple phone interviews with various people then an in person interview with two people. The questions were not too hard but the waiting to hear back was.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a basic screening phone interview with an HR. The next day I received an email asking me to do a phone interview with the supervisor for the position. After that i did an in person interview with the supervisor, followed by a phone interview with a small panel of supervisors for the market. The entire process was fairly easy, and took about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about some of your experience working with volunteers.   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with fundraising? Please share some examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Nashville, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was with two of the local office representative in Nashville. The interview lasted around 45 minutes and was filled with what would you do in certain situation questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel the American Cancer Society would be a good fit for you?   Answer Question