American Cancer Society Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2016

2.9

Division Office & Event Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY).

Interview

Wasted over a month of my life. Had two "phone interviews" actually, they are just screenings. The third is an in person interview. Person forgot I was even coming and was on her way out when I walked in after she had already rescheduled the interview once. After a five minute interview (since she was leaving), I got a rejection email a week later. Thanks for wasting my time for almost two months. SO unprofessional.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New Brunswick, NJ).

Interview

After sending my resume in response to an online posting, I received an email to set up a phone interview. During the interview I was told what the next steps would be and a time frame. Within that (relatively) short time frame, I was contacted to arrange an in-person meeting. At that meeting I was told I would be hearing from them, and within a week or so I did, setting up a second in-person interview. At that interview, I was told (very apologetically) that I would be asked to come in for a third interview. That happened quickly and an offer was made to me within a few days.

Interview Questions

• How I would distinguish this organization from other, similar organizations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

About a 4 week process. 3 interviews all together. 1st was a phone interview with the recruiter, everyone gets one. 2nd was an in person with the hiring manager. Last was another phone interview with a senior director. I heard back right away after each interview. Make sure you have a flexible schedule and a car or this job is not for you. They say that many times to make sure you are available to work nights and weekends.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY).

Interview

I had to fill out personality profile/test online. A somewhat silly process as the questions wanted you to don the mindset of the Society work culture. If you have not worked there, you wouldn't understand what they are looking for in a candidate/

Interview Questions

• They asked if being "in the field 60 percent of the time would be acceptable" but left out the details. You cover a huge territory with your own vehicle and little compensation in return.   Answer Question

Health Systems Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online in April. Received an email from a recruiter a week later for a phone interview. After phone interview I went in person to meet with two senior managers. I was told I would hear back in 1 - 2 weeks. The overall interview was pleasant. I felt extremely comfortable it felt more like we were having a conversation. I followed up with the hiring manager two weeks after my interview, and recieved an automatic response from human resources stating I was no longer under consideration for the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the American cancer society?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New Brunswick, NJ) in January 2015.

Interview

Began smoothly, then took very long. 1 phone interview, 3 in person interviews at 2 different locations. The day before 2 of the in person interviews, I was given the task of developing marketing pieces. I thought that was a very last minute request, and not the norm.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied through the ACS website and received an email for a phone interview with recruiter within 2-3 weeks. The recruiter interview was used to gauge my interest in the position and to gauge salary expectations. About 10 days later I received an appointment for a panel interview.

The process is fast, if they like what you have to offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. They presented detailed information about the position at the interview and then asked questions from there vetting experiences and comparing them to the position in question.   1 Answer

Fundraising Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Hauppauge, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I new a person who had worked there the previous season. I went on the website and applied. An interview was set up in early March. A week or two later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you worked well in a team setting?   1 Answer

Director of Estate Gifts Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

The American Cancer Society organization conducts a multi-tiered 360 interview process primarily by phone - until the final stages. Then the interviews are group interviews. Presentations were required after the first two interviews. All of the individuals who conduct the interviews are very strong committed staff members who knowledgeable about cancer as well as wills, trusts, estates, and charitable giving in general. the interviewers provide clear communications about next steps. Intially it was surprising that there were so many telephone interviews before the meeting. Interviewees are required to develop a detailed 90 day business plan.

Interview Questions

• Interviewees must provide a detailed review and justification of 90 day plan. Interviewee must understand the met present evaluation of expected gift production. Interviewees must understand the details of planned giving as well the research, public policy stances, and programs of the ACS.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is virtually no negotiation.

Director of Special Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (East Brunswick, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

I received a call from HR regarding the position I had applied for online. I set up an interview for the following week. I met with 2 hiring managers for approximately an hour. They said they would be in touch and about 2 weeks later I received an email that I was not chosen.