American Cancer Society Patient Resource Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Cancer Society Patient Resource Specialist Interview Questions

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of an initial phone call, followed by a 45 minute phone interview, and then an in house interview with the hiring manager. The in house interview also included a tour of the call center, a side-by-side with an existing employee and the interview itself. Everyone I interacted with was very friendly and clear about the day to day of the job.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled conflict in the workplace or with a customer?   Answer Question

I declined as I was looking for a position with more growth opportunities. I completely respect the organization and the important work they do and would be interested if other opportunities with more growth arise later!

Other Interview Reviews for American Cancer Society

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process. Shadowed an employee for about 30 minutes then went into a interview with the hiring manager. Total of 9 situational questions. Use the STAR method to answer the questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Received a phone call asking if I was available to speak for a bit and we talked about qualifying and disqualifying questions such as: what salary range are you looking for?" (pretty standard). THEN we scheduled a phone interview; an assessment followed (typing test); and then the onsite interview with a recruiter and the department manager (it is a call-center job).

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working alone or in a team environment?
      Why are you interested in this company?   Answer Question

Patient Resource Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cancer Society.

Interview

The hiring process was quick and easy. The interviewer seemed really kind and allowed me to sit with one of the team members to access what the job looks like for 30 minutes. They said that they would have a decision within days and upon calling them back and then emailing them regarding the status of employment with them.... I received no update. I was very confident going into the interview and even more confident walking out based on the responses of my interviewer. When I didn't get the job, it would have been decent for American Cancer Society to at least notify me.... or at least respond back. I think that says a lot about a company I was very excited to potentially work with as a career.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone had financial difficulty and had no insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

1. Applied through the ACS careers website
    2. Contacted by recruiter to schedule a phone screen interview
    3. Following screening, on-site interview (tour, shadow PRS employee, & interview with supervisor)

Overall, the process was fast and easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you encountered an angry customer and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    • Other topics: experience with multi-tasking, learning new technology, and adapting to changing policies.   Answer Question

Patient Resource Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in January 2015.

Interview

I went through six interviews over the duration of two months, I haven't heard anything as of yet. I'm still waiting. I am told that the interview/hiring process is very long, so I am hopeful that I will hear from someone soon.

Patient Resource Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at American Cancer Society in August 2014.

Interview

There was a quick phone screen before the interview from someone at their corporate office. A few days after the interview there was a short side-by-side so I could see what the day-to-day looks like. After the side-by-side there was a one-on-one interview with a program director who asked normal interview questions. I received a job offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one time you didn't get along with a supervisor?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

If you look online at typical interview questions, prepare and you are good to go. Have a good time and be yourself. There were no questions that really threw me off. They want people who care about cancer patients or have been impacted by cancer in some way.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could really be on time, they really don't want you coming in to work late   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an initial phone interview with an HR specialist out of state. She asked me general questions about my experience and background and shared details about the job and expected salary. I then had a phone interview with one of the directors at the Patient Service Center. I was hired after the 2nd phone interview and never had an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deescalate someone who was upset.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I interviewed at American Cancer Society (Austin, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

online application ,then phone screen, then an on-site interview. The on-site interview include sitting beside a current staff for 30 mins, and a talk for 45-60 mins.