American Career College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

American Career College Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2018

2.5

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

Contacted by talent acquisition manager, interviewed the next day with a program director (who was AMAZING). Offered second interview the following day with a director from a different program (dual-support position) who was oblivious to the details of the position being offered. This director was rude and insulting and only asked 2 job-related questions. The remaining 25 minutes of the interview was them going on and on about their personal educational pursuits. Then had the nerve to say, "I feel like I'm doing all of the talking, and in a good interview, the candidate does most of the talking". I couldn't get a word in edge wise and when I did, they interrupted me. The interview questions below are from the second interview.

Interview Questions

• We have a lot of candidates vying for this position so why should we choose you?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself long-term? It's good to come to work and do a great job, but what else makes you satisfied and happy to be you?   Answer Question
    • I see you have never worked in education and education is different from any other field. Some of our students are dealing with some pretty heavy stuff, some of them come straight from jail. How would you handle a student who just told you they're dealing with a tough situation?   Answer Question
    • Are you going to pursue higher education? I understand finances may be holding you back but maybe you can take some online classes.   Answer Question

$10,000+ below market salary with no real negotiation room and the rude program director.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Career College (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Recruiter was very nice and professional but did not much about culture of campus since she was not on campus but sits in administration building. Interview schedule changed a few times. Phone interview was more like a quick scan of what's on your resume then meeting with manager/program director who asked questions already on my resume. Do not need teaching experience so I felt fine.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American Career College (Irvine, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fabulous. Everyone that I interviewed with made me feel really at ease. American Career College has really thorough interview process. After interviewing with American Career College, I feel prepared for any future interview that I may have.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a discrepancy that you caught at work.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was extended and I accepted

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American Career College (Irvine, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Met with President and VPs and the department. Pretty informal questions were asked about the management style I preferred, the background of my experience, pretty run of the mill.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at American Career College (Irvine, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with Director. In person interview the following week with Director, Manager of NOC and Sr Systems Admin. Process was very professional and straight forward. Pleasant location as well.

Interview Questions

• When approached with multiple problems at once how do you determine which to take care of first?   Answer Question

Coding Manager for HIM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at American Career College (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very well and I also got a second interterview, was offered the job, but HR never sent papers and so I was being told it was on another bosses desk and I inquired every week and this was what I was being told. then just this morning I emailed and was told they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to this company? What makes me the right candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation was the salary, the director wanted me to ask for more because I was worth it.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Career College.

Interview

I was interviewed by three cheery administrators. They challenged me with tough questions about how I would handle stressful classroom situations. Afterwards, I gave a sample lesson, which they were happy to participate in. Very fun interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you adapt to your class if your computer, internet, and projector suddenly stopped working?   Answer Question