American Cast Iron Pipe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 2, 2017

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at American Cast Iron Pipe

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at American Cast Iron Pipe.

Interview

The process was four meetings long and took a couple of months to complete. During the fourth interview I could tell that someone had already been chosen because the interview was very short and I got the impression that the interviewers were just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Basic Questions. Very straight forward relating to work experience and skills.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at American Cast Iron Pipe (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

This is an extremely long drawn out process. The interview itself is a minimum of two hours. It is behavioral based, but looks for actual accomplishments to prove you can do what you say you can do which is great. This weeds out people who fluff and allows real contributors to be found. Salary was not really negotiable, nor was time off or anything else really for that matter.

Interview Questions

• We all make mistakes. Tell me about a time where you made a mistake. What was the outcome? How did you correct it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate really anything. They felt their first offer was their best offer.

Interview

I was contacted by the district sales manager via telephone to discuss the position and it's duties. Then was asked to come into the office for further discussion about the company, was shown around the office and given an application to complete. A background check was performed, as well as reference check. Approximately a week later I received a telephone call regarding an offer, which I declined. The following week, another offer was made, which I accepted. I was then directed to a facility for a physical and was hired thereafter.

Resource Planning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American Cast Iron Pipe (Birmingham, AL) in January 2013.

Interview

You begin with an interview in HR where they ask you questions about your previous experiences. If you are selected to move forward, you will have a second interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you used teamwork to solve a difficult problem   1 Answer