American College of Chest Physicians Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at American College of Chest Physicians

Sort:

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American College of Chest Physicians (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied directly on the CHEST website. I had a phone interview with a group from the department following an HR interview. They asked me technical and some behavioral questions. It lasted ~30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at American College of Chest Physicians.

Interview

The process started with a phone interview for which I was offered several options. I selected a specific time, but the interview instead occurred off schedule; I received an unplanned call. Luckily, I was able to rally from the surprise and answer questions.

The in-person interview process involved two steps over two days: the first being 30-minute sessions with each person in my would-be division, the second day involving interviews with each individual who would be at my level or supervising me. I thought this was a very reasonable approach to the process. Most interviews involved a mix of conversation about the organization combined with situational questions; they were challenging, but pleasant.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of any in particular, but most were very specific to the role I was pursuing. All were appropriate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer broke down during the negotiation phase. I indicated here that I accepted, because I did ... but I got a response informing me that they had reneged. Circumstances were very strange and uncomfortable.
    My main complaint about this organization's hiring process was that the HR person and hiring manager did not follow professional protocol (so far as my research and experience has revealed) in extending and negotiating the offer. A few strange things happened: my offer letter was dated earlier than I received it, my (correctly dialed) phone call to accept the offer ended in a declaration that I had the wrong number, and my offer was reneged during the 48-hour period I was allotted to consider it.
    The breakdown of the interaction was the most unusual part. I attempted to negotiate salary, vacation days, and title. Two of the three negotiation points resulted in positive responses from the College, which I thought was great, and said as much. I ended that phone call on a good note and reported that I'd finalize things and respond soon. I went on to ask a few more questions by e-mail (and make no more requests) about the health plan, etc - I'd been given only a one-page chart detailing the benefits. The questions were answered to my satisfaction immediately, so I called to accept the offer ... and was told I had the wrong number by a voice I recognized as that of the HR person. That individual then hung up, so I double checked that the number had been correct. (It was.) I subsequently e-mailed to accept and was told in a reply that they'd "had to move on" because I did not accept the offer, though I had done just that within the prescribed window. I called the hiring manager and eventually received a return call the following week, informing me as to what I'd done wrong "for my education:" apparently, I was the least experienced candidate, and they were giving me a shot because they liked me for the job, but had decided that I wasn't the right person after all when I started negotiating/asking questions. I pointed out that they'd been hiring me to negotiate and make deals and that I was surprised at the results of their analysis; I ended the conversation extremely disillusioned.
    I've since gone on to obtain other employment more appropriate to my background, but this experience warranted comment. It was the first job offer I'd received since finishing school, and I'd convinced myself that the breakdown was partly due to my rookie status. Subsequent experience (and all the professional development reading I've ever done) has confirmed that things on their end were, indeed, strange.
    My recommendation would simply be to enter with one's eyes open.

Director of Guidelines Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at American College of Chest Physicians (Glenview, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with HR followed by several on-site interviews with HR, a group of staff that reported to the position, the position's superior, and several colleagues from other departments.

Interview Questions

• What is your leadership style?   1 Answer