American College of Education Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at American College of Education

Sort:

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at American College of Education (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

I came in through a staffing agency. The person conducting the interview was mainly concerned with my abilities. I thought it was going to be mostly a creative position, but they were also looking for technical abilities like web forms and databases. They were obviously desperate and wanted me to start the same week.

Faculty Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at American College of Education (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2011.

Interview

interview process was online. After the interview you had to take a course that all potential faculty took together. There was some homework involved. It wasn't bad and gave a taste of teaching online at that school.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation at all

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at American College of Education (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

It was great. They have the best HR Director I have ever worked with. I think they have a wonderful ob-boarding process. And their new hire orientation was the best new hire orientation I have ever had.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at American College of Education (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2012.

Interview

Through networking, I applied and received a two-part interview with an associate dean and the president. It was clear ACE was looking for a team player with experience, skills and professionalism. Other employees were introduced and invited to participate in the meetings, showing me their inclusion and team dynamic. Questions about entrepreneurial experiences and problem solving were included and references were checked. Very thorough.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain a situation where I had to solve problematic situations with others, along with many standard questions.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at American College of Education (Dallas, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Very practical interview asking about my skills, not much about me as a person or tricky questions like "what are your weaknesses?" It was clear that they needed to fill the position immediately, and there was a lot of work waiting for me. The interviewer was cordial and very professional.

Interview Questions

• Asking about skills that were on the periphery of the job description. That made it clear this was a start-up company and I'd be wearing many hats.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I started out working as a contractor and there was no negotiation. I was later hired as a permanent employee with a salary significantly higher than what I was making as a contractor.

Instructional Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at American College of Education (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

There was an online application, hr screening, and a group interview. One person laughed a lot during the interview but was really aggressive with her questioning style. The interview questions seemed random. One of the interviewers jumped from one topic to another without any coherency. It was not clear how many of the questions were related to the job as a described in the posted job description.

Student Support Specialist Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR followed by one with the hiring manager. Both were relatively short (under 30 minutes) but went very well. The phone interviews made me excited about the prospect of working for the university. I was told that there would be a third Skype interview with the entire team should I move foward. I also was told that I would hear back from HR in two weeks. Even after a follow-up e-mail that said that they would be in touch, I never heard back either way.